Chapter 9: Seeking the Truth

"Seems like you found out the origins of your parents."

A deep, raspy and familiar voice start to ring in my ears. My ears twitch at the raspy voice I just heard. Something about my gut is forcing me to turn to face someone behind me. And so, I slightly turn my head.

Right in the corner of my eye is the same person I saw when I was asleep the night before we went to Blaze's dimension. I try my best to keep my serious face on, but on the inside, I can't help but feel creeped out. The fact that this mysterious stranger is still under the black hood makes me feel even more creeped out.

"Your parents are born from the future. One-hundred-sixty-four years from Sonic's time. They both met when they're nineteen years old, but your dad's age is obviously a year older than your mom. And now, you're about to know who your ancestor is."

At this moment, I'm forced ro turn my head around to face this person. And it's not just one person. I think I spot Silver, Blaze and Marine hiding behind the rocks, but I feel like I'm focusing more on the person in the black hood.

Then, what happens next is something shocking. She removes the black hood and drops the cape on the ground. What I see before me is somehow my lookalike. I've seen her before! Light yellow quills laying down up until her hips, peach muzzle and arms, red-orange forearm-lengthed gloves, orange high heels and orange silky dress that goes down up until her ankles. She also has light blue eyeshadow and yellow-orange lipstick. Her lips stretch out an evil smirk to make things obvious on who she is.
My longtime rival, Bianca the Hedgehog is my ancestor.

I can almost hear the conversation between Silver, Blaze and Marine. Somehow, I barely manage to hear their words.

"Who's that?" asks Marine.

"I don't know! I'm just as curious as you," answers Silver.

"Something tells me they're not getting along that well," says Blaze.

Bianca has been my longtime rival since we want to pick up the same dress we always want in the clothing store in Central City. Since then, we've been fighting over fashion and we even made a contest about collecting the most clothes. Now, thanks to Runa's advice on not needing to collect a large pile of clothes, I stopped competing.

But during my obsession with Shadow, we met again. This time, we were fighting for one thing. Or should I say, one person? We made a contest on who's the best girl Shadow has ever seen. It's still going on though. That was until I realized what I had done and so, I started to move on from my obsession with Shadow to my secret admiration for Silver. Yup. You guessed it! I'm also a fan of Silver's because his Psychokinesis powers are really cool!

"Join me, Aleyah. We'd make a pretty great team. But don't steal Shadow away from me! He's mine and MINE ONLY!!!" says Bianca.

"Hey! Why can't you just move on from Shadow to some other guy?" I ask her. "He doesn't like you the way you like him."

Bianca's death dagger eyes are glaring ito mine. It somehow makes me feel creeped out. "And why is that, hmm?"

My feet start to walk backwards a bit, but Bianca keeps going forward. I keep going backwards until I hit the table. I find myself sitting on the ground with my back leaning against the stone table and my eyes looking at Bianca in fear. I manage to get my words out, but I sound like I'm stuttering in fear when I said those words. "W-Well... I've b-been w-watching every moment between Sh-Shadow and Runa. I thought they're going to be lovebirds. That's why. But I discovered something more between them. I-I was mad at first, but I realized wh-what I have done, so I moved on to a new life."

Bianca's eyes are still glaring into mine when she asks me, "So you're saying you moved on?"

"Y-Yeah. I did," I say shuddering in fear.

Then, her glaring expression changes into an evil smirk. "Very well, then." That's when she turns her body away from me and runs out of the cave. Then, the next thing I can hear is a mix of proud and pride expression in her voice. "Hahahahahaha! No one's ever gonna date Shadow except for me!"

Then, her pride and proud voice changed into a confused one. "Wait—" she turns to me with a glare fixed on me. "—Shadow is dating someone named Runa?"

"W-Well, y-yeah, so..." I reply.

As I suspected, her face become s fiery red with rage igniting inside of her. "I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU A HUNDRED TIMES!!!!! SHADOW IS SUPPOSED TO DATE WITH ME AND NOBODY ELSE!!!!!"

That's when she lunges forward to attack me.
I pull out my belt and make a whipping sound despite feeling fear on the inside. But just as I ready myself to threaten her with a whipping belt, she stops. I get a chance to look at the details on what's going on. She's surrounded by a turquoise aura and it looks like she's being pulled back by it.

I immediately recognize this action. It's Silver pulling her back. That's when Marine and Blaze make their defensive battle stance on both of my sides. Their stances are keeping up my confidence. Bit by bit. With that, we all glare at Bianca's fiery rage.

"I offer you a request and this is how you respond to me?!" asks Bianca struggling to get out of Silver's Psychokinesis.

"You may have a crush on Shadow, but there are times when crushes don't feel the same with their admirers, so what you have to do is wait and see what he thinks of you," I say.

Then, something happens before my eyes all of a sudden. She was surrounded by flames over the turquoise aura surrounding her. Her eyes widen as we both realize at the same time.

"No. No! NO!!! YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS, ALEYAH THE HEDGEHOG!!!!!" she says, her last words before disappearing in the mist.