Chapter 8: The Truth about Aleyah's Parents

Soon, we have arrived.

The ship is already near the shore and we already got off of it. Marine already tied up the rope from the ship to the nearby post. Obviously, it's to not let it get lost.

"Whoo! We made it! Now, let's find the place where we'll be able to use the orb to recap Pearla and Bruce's memories!" says Silver enthusiastically.

I giggle at the way he said those words. It's really cute seeing him like this. Wait. Hold on? Why am I thinking like this? Keep it together, Aleyah. He's just a friend.

"Pearla and Bruce?" asks Marine.

"They're Aleyah's parents. She inherited her mannerisms from her mother while she inherited her socialism from her father," says Blaze.

"Oh, right! No wonder she's good at making friends!" says Marine.

"Of course, I'm good at making friends!" I say looking in her direction. "Do I have to say this over and over again?"

Marine rubs her neck and her eyes look away in embarrassment. "Hehe."

"Here, Leyah," says Silver handing me the orb.
I reach my hands to the orb taking it. But I also feel like we're both holding hands. A pink blush appears on my cheeks. "Th-Thanks, Silver."

"You're welcome," he replies.

Then, for some reason, I notice the orb glowing light blue.

I then, turn my face to what's ahead of the island. Rocks are somehow shaped like one of the houses. It may seem like it, but it's not really a house. It's rather a small cave-like shelter having some sort of glowing on the inside.

"Leyah?" I faintly hear Silver calling me.

But for some reason, a force is pulling me towards the entrance of this cave. My muscles move to walk through the entrance. I can hear footsteps following me, but it doesn't matter. Curiosity takes over me as I enter the cave.

Inside is nothing but a stoned table in front of me. And on that table is a coral-like stand, shaped like a flower. Something tells me it's for the orb of memories.

I slowly walk to the stand with my hands holding it carefully, so that it will not fall and end up being shattered to pieces. Once my feet is a centimeter from it, I place the orb on the stand. And it ends up floating.

Somehow, I notice something in front of the table. My eyes look down to see what's really important for this orb. It's about the purpose of this orb.

"Look deeper and you'll take a trip down memory lane. Say a name, look deeper and you'll find their origins."

In the last sentence, I now know how to find answers from this "stranger in a black hood." I say the names of my parents, look deeper into the orb and explore their origins.

Their love story between my parents started when they first met in the peaceful part of the future 183 years from the present (or rather, past; in Sonic's time). Their families in different households were very strict that they forced both of them to marry someone else, but they secretly hung out with each other. When dad confessed his feelings to mom and she accepted, their families became even more strict that they wanted to break both of them up. One night, when dad proposed to mom five years later and she accepted, their families gave them one punishment:"To send them separately in the past." But that didn't stop them from being together, so when they met again, they held themselves a secret marriage and when dad was 27 and mom was 26, that's when I was born. Together, we lived like a happy family. Somewhere around 12½ years later, they took Runa in and cared for her as an adoptive sister.

After I'm finished exploring their history, a soft gasp escapes my mouth and my eyes widen in shock. My parents are born from the future. But the question is, who is our ancestor?