Chapter 5: Meeting Marine the Raccoon

I sit there still as a statue. It looks like I'm in shock at the sight of Marine the Raccoon. But I'm still full of excitement and enthusiasm as I finally get to meet her in person.

"You're... Y-You're..." I trail off.

"Yup! That's me!" she says. "You've heard of me, right?"

"Yeah! You're Marine! Marine the Raccoon! A friend of Blaze who helps Sonic and Tails on their adventures here in this dimension! I've heard a lot about you! Since then, you're the one keeping up my confidence and bravery!" I reply.

"Finally! A new fan of mine appreciating my well-being!" she says. "Anyways..." She then, walk to an open seat that's between Blaze and Silver. "What's your life like before you came here?"

"Well..." My index finger reaches my chin as I recall my life before I got here. But a hint of hesitation makes me unsure if I'm gonna tell about the violence I caused when I was still obsessed with Shadow.

"I was born in the hospital in Central City with my parents, Pearla and Bruce the Hedgehogs. I lived happily in the cottage with them. I grew up being socially friendly, extroverted, optimistic, energetic and well-mannered. I manage to make a lot of friends while exploring the outside world. We took Runa in when she was unconscious in the middle of Forest Hill. When she's officially considered as a sister, that's when Space Colony ARK came crashing into the world, but Sonic and Shadow stopped it from doing so, thus fighting off the Bio Lizard in Super Forms. Since then, I can't help but witness the battle to stop the Space Colony ARK from destroying the world. After Shadow sacrificed himself to save the world, I gave him honor just like how I give honor to the fallen. When I found out he's alive, I couldn't help but feel more excited. I'm so excited I always wanted to meet him in person and become friends with him. Or maybe best friends. No wait. Sibling-friends. No, wait. More than that! Oh, how I loved to be with him more than a friend and Shadow should feel the same way. I was so obsessed with him that I got completely carried away. This also lead to... " I start shivering in fear at this part considering the fact that I fear of how they don't like how much violence I caused.

"Come on, matey! You can tell us!" says Marine.

"Don't be afraid, Leyah. We won't be mad," says Silver.

Wait, how did he—?

"Just take your time until you're ready, Aleyah. We can wait," says Blaze.

"Princess Blaze is right. We understand if you don't wanna tell us," says Gardon.

A few moments later, I take a deep breath and exhale heavily. "I think it's best of we talk in private," I whisper to Silver, Blaze and Marine.

"I know a place where we can talk in private. Let's finish our lunch before we go there," says Blaze.
"Alrighty!" says Marine.

"I'll stay her to keep the palace guarded," says Gardon, then he turns to Blaze, "You can tell me the rest of the story when you're done. "

"Alright," replies Blaze.

Then, we all continue eating lunch. Let's just say Marine needs a little bit of a lesson when it comes to manners. Honestly, that was easier than I thought. Every time I teach her a thing or two about manners, she follows up. I think it's because she doesn't want to disappoint her fan. Not only that, but sometimes, she can be the wild card around the table, so she has lots to learn. Either way, I always give her time. Why? One, she keeps me confident and brave. Two, she's one of my favorites because she's her.

After we eat lunch, we head towards what I assume is Marine's pirate ship. We all gather around the table inside the ship before I finally get my chance to tell the rest of the story.

I take a deep breath and exhale heavily. "Every time I see Shadow with Runa, I can't help but feel jealousy on the inside. At the same time, Runa is my adoptive sister and I care about her a lot. So I watch every inch of their moment together to see if they're actually lovebirds, even though they're just friends. And when they're OFFICIALLY lovebirds..." I then, have a hint of hesitation inside of me. My eyes make contact with my thighs. "...well..." Then, I look back up to the small company. "...I might have given her a bit of a beatdown."

Ghastly shocked faces shoot their directions toward me. Their eyes widen in complete shock with their mouths opened aghast.

"YOU ABUSED YOU'RE OWN SISTER?!?!?!?!?!" Marine asks in shock.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER, LEYAH?!?!?!" Silver asks in total shock.

"That's... That's violent. Especially for someone being a family member," says Blaze.

"That leads to bad consequences. Now, I feel guilty about what just happened," I say. Then, I lay my forehead against my hand with tears rolling down my cheeks, "And now that I think about it, I realize the mistakes I made in the past. I'm sorry for everything! I can't let that go! I won't let that happen again! I have to let go of the old me and start something new!" I then, wrap my arms around myself. "Will you ever forgive me?" I say with a voice crack due to myself breaking down in tears.

Then all of a sudden, an arm wraps around my shoulders. In the corner of my eye is none other than Marine. "Of course, I'll forgive ya, mate! Why wouldn't we?"

"Marine is right. We believe you to let go of the past. Now that you're transforming to something new, I'll forgive you as well," says Blaze.

Marine lets go of my shoulders, then I feel a hand on my right shoulder. I can assume it's Silver responding to my new transformation that has just started. I can feel his thumb wiping my tears. "Don't worry, Leyah. I'll help you when it comes to letting go of the past. We all will. The past is the past. All that matters is to look forward to the future. In short, I'll forgive you too."

For some reason, the comforting touch I feel with Silver, even with his finger, has sent something new inside of me. I can feel my cheeks turning pink as my lips stretch out a warm smile. "Thanks, Silver."

"Anytime, Leyah," replies Silver returning a warm smile.

Suddenly, Marine's voice catches our attention, "Oi! Come look at this!"

We all turn around and what we see before us leads to curiosity. Marine is holding up a light blue glowing orb in her hand. It can fit into her palm.