Sweet Tea (Thomas Hewitt/Pregnant!Reader)

Author's Note: I'm a simp. I'm a whole freaking simp. The only reason why I like the TCM remake and its prequel is because of Thomas. This oneshot idea has been in my head for months. It's a short oneshot and has a little bit of fluff. The reader is a pregnant feminine person so....yeah. This is a pregnancy oneshot. There's not much for me to say.

Also this has a lot of family talk about the Hewitt family. I know there's some discourse amongst the horror community on how each character is related. My research is based on the extended lore in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre comic books, not just the remake.

Enjoy!
___________________________________________

I woke up to an unusually cold bed. My eyes were closed tight as I tried to block out the morning light. I pulled the covers closer to me in an attempt to get warm.

A cold front had moved through Texas the night before, and the temperature had dropped significantly. I knew it wouldn't be that cold outside, but it was definitely chilly in the drafty Hewitt household.

I turned around, reaching for Thomas to pull him closer. But instead of feeling his chest like I normally would, I was met with the sensation of cool sheets underneath my hands.

My eyes opened, and to my surprise, Thomas was gone. I sat up and yawned, stretching my arms as I did so. I looked around our room and saw that Thomas' work apron was gone from the spot he normally left it.

I got out of bed and got dressed. Once I was finished, I made my way downstairs. The floorboards of the old house creaked as I made my way down the hallway. There was a faint sound coming from the kitchen, which I decided to follow.

Luda Mae stood at the sink, washing a couple of dishes. Her grey hair was pulled back into a bun, and her glasses were on the very edge of her nose.

Over the years, Luda had become somewhat of a second mother to me. She was ecstatic to welcome me into the family. She never thought that Thomas would ever fall in love with anyone, so it was safe to say she was happy to see him in love. Looking back, I think she was also really excited to have another woman in the family. And now she was even more excited to have a baby soon running around.

Luda only had one biological child, and that was Hoyt. Thomas was like her adoptive son, but he had gained the label of "nephew" by Hoyt. Hoyt was much older than Thomas so he didn't view Thomas as a younger brother. Eventually, everyone just started referring to Tommy as Hoyt's nephew instead.

Luda also didn't have any grandchildren. Neither did her brother Monty. Their sister, Gloria, had a daughter and a grandson of her own though. It wasn't until I came along that she was finally going to get the opportunity to be a grandmother.

I leaned on the doorframe of the kitchen and placed a hand on my stomach.

"Luda, where's Thomas?" I questioned.

She glanced over at me and turned off the water in the sink. She dried her hands on her dress and turned to me.

"Oh, Hoyt needed his help with something. I think we got some trespassers last night. They're probably out looking for them," she said.

"Oh, okay," I said.

She walked over to the counter. On the counter were what appeared to be two small laundry baskets. However, I could tell just by looking at them that the contents of the baskets were not laundry.

I walked over to her and peeked into the baskets. They were filled with neatly placed mason jars. I picked one of the jars up and looked inside. They were filled with jerky. I couldn't tell what the meat was, but I probably didn't want to know anyway.