Jack Torrance Catch Up

Author's Note: A few people requested for me to add Jack to this book. After a lot of pondering I decided to.

____________________________________________

How you met:

"Is this seat taken?" a voice said beside you.

You turned to see a tall man who looked rather scruffy. His eyes were dark and there was some red puffiness around his eyelids.

"Nope," you said, offering him the seat.

The bar was rather empty. Only a few stragglers were inside, including you. You needed a late-night drink. Something to clear your mind.....or fog it up. You just needed to forget.

The man beside you ordered a Scotch and didn't hesitate to drink it down quickly.

"What brings you here?" he asked.

He then ordered another drink. This time he asked the bartender to just leave the bottle. Either he was going through a tough time or he was just an alcoholic.

"I had a bad day. Needed a drink," you said, "What about you?"

The man was silent for a bit, as if e was struggling to answer.

"Divorce," he stated simply.

His voice was quieter than before. It seemed as if the divorce was rather fresh.

Hesitantly, you patted him on the shoulder. It was a kind gesture. You didn't need to know the details; you could tell that this man was hurting. His outward expression was one of anger, but somewhere deep down you could tell that he was upset.

"I'm sorry," you said quietly.

"Don't be. It was a long time coming," he said.

A long time coming. You could say the same thing about your current situation.

You had just cut ties with your ex. A part of you was relieved. The other part of you was enraged that you hadn't ended things sooner. But now it was time to move on to new and better things. And why not start by making a new friend? You took a sip of your drink and then turned in your seat towards the man.

"I'm (Y/N), by the way," you said, sticking out your hand.

"I'm Jack," he said, shaking your hand.

How long you've been together: 2 years

Your wedding dress:

____________________________________________

Author's Note: Yep, I made Jack divorced. Wendy deserves better but I wanted Jack to still be alive. So no freezing to death for him.

That's all for now, folks! See you in the next chapter! 🖤