Chapter 2: stone cold fire

(⊹つ•۝•⊹)つ <(Hi, Welcome to Chapter 2)

Chapter 2
——————————
3rd Person P.O.V.
——————————
Canada was confused until he looked down at the floor, that's when he saw a stone path that went behind the waterfall.
Why was there a path that led behind the waterfall and why did it look used? He was hesitant walking behind a waterfall, which caused him to take a step backwards. Away from the loud and rushing water that was close to making him deaf.

The wisp on the other hand didn't like it very much, it made a chirp before moving behind Canada and pushing him towards the path once again. Canada was so focused on the path he didn't notice that the orb had moved, which explains why he jumped when he felt the pressure on his shoulder.

"Hey! W-What are you doing?! You can't possibly want me to go in THERE. . . do you?" With an unsteady voice he tried to reason with the wisp, but it just kept on making a shake indicating it was a yes.
The wisp was annoyed that it was the one to be picked for such a quest.

"Wh-what do you want from me? Is there something you want me to kill?" At this point Canada was just freaking himself out with all the conclusions he was coming up with.
With its body and with that alone, the wisp finally stopped nudging him, and had caused Canada to stumble backwards. Now with Canada down on the wisps level, the wisp was finally able to get Canada's full attention.

It waved their hands in front of his face. Canada looked up at the angry creature while rubbing his lower back after falling.
It had shifted itself into a sword shape before switching to an arrow pointing to the waterfall as if it was desperately trying to tell him something.
"A sword? But what could be so important about a sword?" Canada looked past the glowing wisp before it changed its form once again. This time into a sort of symbol that wasn't recognized.

"Huh? What's that..?" Canada blurted in a burst of confusion. What was that symbol? Was it another language, or was it supposed to represent something.. He let out a defeated sigh, "Fine, you win this time, but I'm not doing this ever again. You hear?" he pointed at the wisp before getting up, and wiping off the dirt back of his pants.

The only thing going through his mind was how much he's going to regret what he was about to do, and knowing how much trouble he'd get into if his father found out ------ if he found out. If he snuck back in without anyone noticing then no one would find out, yea thats better thinking canada!
Taking a deep breath, he finally took the first steps. Canada being the scaredy cat he is, he had himself pushed up on the farthest wall away from the rushing water.
At the sight of this, the wisp shook its head before easily passing him and ended up making it to the entrance of the tunnel before he did. "Wait for me- please-" Canada spoke with a shaky voice.

Eventually the two of them finally reached the overgrown tunnel, it looked like no one had been there for centuries. Yet it still looked like someone visited this place, with only the walls being overgrown but not the path Canada's walking on.
The ferns and overgrown vines provided humidity as well as the mist from the waterfall also made it hard for him to breathe properly.
It made his throat feel smaller than it actually was. Following the light of the wisp he stepped over multiple roots that were coming out of the ground before finally nearing an entrance to a room.

The light coming from inside made Canada shiver. The wisp had floated towards Canada and tugged at one of the hair strands to get him to keep on the pace.
The tug was followed by Canada going along the lines of 'owww' in reaction from a strand of his hair being tugged.