Chapter 13: Prom or Grom?

"So, you have NO idea how you were able to turn into a bloodthirsty wolf?" Eda asked.

King shook his head, putting his crown back on his head. "No."

"What's the last thing you remember?" Luz asked.

"Eda running off and then feeling really...angry. And scared." King said. "I was worried I was gonna lose you, Luz...it's my anniversary, and it's very special to me...because I wouldn't be where I am now without you."

Luz's heart melted and she held King close to her. "Awww...don't worry, King. I'm not going anywhere. No matter what." She then smiled. "After all, you're my little King."

"And you're his mother." Eda smirked.

"YOU HEARD THAT!?" King exclaimed, immediately becoming embarrassed.

"Yyyyyup." Eda laughed. "It was adorable."

King then hid in Luz's arms, covering his face with his tiny paws.

Luz just smiled and nuzzled him again. "Awww, my little baby."

"MOM, YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!!" King cried, grabbing Luz's cape and hiding in it.

"King, come out." Luz laughed.

"KING IS NOT HERE."

Luz laughed and shook her head, petting King through her cape.

For the next few days, Luz was completely on edge, but also tried her absolute hardest not to look suspicious.

Thankfully though, Gus and Willow were there to cover for her. They were by her side and there to help her keep her secret.

At lunch though...something interesting began, something that once again confused Luz about the human world.

"What the heck is...prom?" Luz asked, narrowing her eyes at a small poster being hung up.

"You don't have prom in your world?" Willow asked. "Actually, now that I say that out loud, makes sense."

Gus laughed. "Prom is sort of like a party. People dance, eat food, or just have fun. Without going too crazy, of course! You can go with friends or a date!"

"Please tell me you know what a party is." Willow said.

Luz laughed. "I know what that is. And this is sounding a lot like Grom Night."

"Grom? The black and gooey cloak guy?" Willow asked.

"Yeah! It was before he gained consciousness, and, well, a brain. Our schools would host these nights for a chosen warrior to defeat Grom, so he wouldn't escape and force everyone in The Boiling Isles to live out their worst nightmare...to make it less dramatic for everyone except the warrior chosen, we decided to host dances and food." Luz explained. "We stopped after Grom became smart and escaped...speaking of him, I still wonder how he got here if he isn't working for Belos."

"Maybe he snuck in? You did say he could shapeshift." Gus said.

"That actually makes sense." Luz said before looking at the poster for Prom again. "Could we go?"

"Hmmm, it DOES sound like fun!" Gus smiled.

"Yeah! We could all together! It's this Friday!" Willow smiled.

"Then, it's settled! Anything else I should know?"

"Dress nice." They both said with a shrug as the bell rang and they began walking.

But then, there was a loud (and slightly dramatic) clapping.

"Oh, don't tell me!" A voice laughed before Boscha walked over. "You're planning on going to prom?"