Chapter 31: Once and For Luz

Jean-Luc hung his head low. "...this was her home. Why couldn't she just be happy?"

"...Wait. What's that?" Lilith asked suddenly as she felt something shine under Luz's robes.

Jean-Luc saw a small blue glow and gasped. "Wait! It's...I don't even know!"

"Well, check!"

"I'd have to open up her tunic, I feel weird doing that to a human AND a corpse-"

"She could be alive, so let me do it!" Lilith cried, looking at the glowing symbol by opening up the tear in her tunic caused by the stab...there was some kind of tattoo or patch on her skin. Some kind of dark blue hand. "What's...that?"

The dark blue hand continued to glow and glow...until Luz's wound began to shrink. Her skin began to heal. Lilith's eyes widened.

"What? What is it?!" Jean-Luc cried as he looked at her. "Wait...is that?"

"Her wound! It's...healing! On its own! I...I can't believe-" Lilith then stopped in the middle of her sentence when the wound was completely healed. She then checked Luz's pulse.

There...WAS one.

"A healing patch! From The Healer's Coven!" Jean-Luc realized. "She must've placed it on herself beforehand in case this ever happened!!" He exclaimed.

Lilith felt her eyes widen even more if that was even possible. "She's...alive!"

Jean-Luc's blue eyes widened and then quickly scooped up Luz's body into his arms. "We have to tell the others!! Quickly!!!"

Meanwhile...

King sniffled and sobbed. "I...she can't be gone! Mom can't be gone!"

Eda was just silent, petting King and trying to comfort him. "I...I..."

King then felt his eyes change and twitch. He suddenly clenched his cute little paws. "No!! She's not gone!! She's not!!"

The demon's eyes began to turn red and Amity noticed. King then leapt out of Eda's arms, almost falling. He felt the spikes on his back again. "No!! She's-"

Amity then rushed over...and hugged him. "King...I'm sorry..."

King's spikes turned away and his eyes went back to yellow, and he went straight back to crying, clutching Amity's back.

Amity just rubbed his furry little back, despite her own heartbreak.

Gus looked down at the floor. "It...just...doesn't feel..."

"Real." Willow finished. "L-Luz wouldn't have seen this coming, but...for some reason...I feel like she might've-"

Then, the door was busted down, and Lilith nearly fell onto the floor.

Eda jumped before her eyes widened. "L-Lilith-?"

"LUZ IS ALIVE!" Jean-Luc exclaimed as he rushed in after her.

Everyone shot out of their seats. Eda was the first to run over, grabbing Luz's hand and wrist and checking her pulse. The Owl Lady froze.

"She...has a pulse! She's alive!!!" Eda exclaimed.

Amity's eyes widened and she was left frozen. She slowly let King out of her arms, and King ran over to Jean-Luc, not even questioning how he could talk now.

"MAMA!!!!" King cried, crying his eyes out even more, but with hope beginning to burn brightly inside of him. He then clutched his mother's hand once Jean-Luc set her on the couch. "M...Mom...? P-Please...wake up...!"