Chapter 29: The Emperor's Wrath

"I'll cya later, Ami!" Luz said with a smile and a wave.

Amity smiled back and kissed Luz's cheek one last time before she left.

Eda walked over. "She's a good kid."

"Isn't she?" Luz smiled as she faced her adoptive mother and then went to sit down on the couch. "I love her too much, heh!"

"I'm probably not gonna be in the dating game for a bit." Eda laughed. "Already had a bit of EH relationships."

Luz nodded. "Ah. Alright. Makes sense!"

Meanwhile...

The portal's energy was now as intense as ever, and the force it blew across nearly blew the army through the palace.

Emperor Belos walked closer to it, ignoring the great force it had. He then summoned his staff and dispersed the great force.

The soldiers then lifted their spears and started marching towards the portal, all of them in perfect unison.

Belos cackled as the army stepped forward, and after the entire army entered the portal, Belos soon followed.

The Emperor's Coven found themselves in the middle of the street, already hearing screams and panicking once the portal appeared.

Belos walked out and sighed. "The Human Realm...soldiers. Form a blockade around the city."

The soldiers raised their spears into the air, all of their weapons seething with magic. "ALL HAIL THE EMPEROR!"

They then ran off, using all forms of magic to increase their speed or even fly.

Belos smirked before his staff began to glow. He clutched it as a red aura began to surround him, and his blue eyes turned the same color.

Suddenly, the golden orbs on his shoulders turned into spikes, his horns became razor sharp as his mask molded itself to his face, his staff suddenly turned into some kind of spear or naginata.

Belos stomped the ground, the road and stone cracking beneath him. His eyes glowed RED and he gripped his staff even tighter. "THE DAY OF UNITY IS ABOUT TO COMMENCE..."

He then shot out a giant red light beam into the sky. Not to appear threatening or because he was an imbecile, but because he wanted to get The Witch's attention.

And? It worked.

Luz's eyes widened as she saw the red beam shoot out from the middle of the city. "No...NO!!!"

"What the hell is that!?!" Eda screamed, rubbing her eyes to make sure she wasn't dreaming. Sadly, she wasn't.

Luz quickly summoned her staff and then transformed, hopping onto her floating weapon. "It's Belos."

"HE'S HERE!?!?" Eda shrieked, but it was too late, her daughter had already flown out.

Eda growled before she grabbed a bat, but then had an idea. She then grabbed her notepad with Glyphs drawn inside, tore out the Glyphs and attached them to her bat.

Jean-Luc walked out. 'What is wrong, Owl Lady?'

"LUZ IS FIGHTING THE EMPEROR! AND I'M NOT LETTING AN EVIL PSYCHO KILL MY KID." Eda said as she rushed outside. "Watch over King!!!"

But then, Jean-Luc stopped her. 'Wait! I'm coming with! You need protection as well!'

"King will be put in danger! I'll be ok!" Eda then pointed at the house phone. "But if I absolutely need it? Just answer that when it rings. Okay?"