Chapter 18: The Last Monster

"I'm in love with Amity...HOLY CRAP, I'M IN LOVE WITH AMITY!" Luz exclaimed. "WHAT DO I DO!? Do I ask her out!? WHAT IF SHE SAYS NO!? WHAT IF SHE'S NOT INTO GIRLS!? But then again, she told me she was, but what if she's not into me!? She's gorgeous compared to me! What if she finds out I'm The Witch!? Will she wanna date me then!? WHAT IF SHE GETS KIDNAPPED A GAZILLION TIMES!?" Luz began to breathe heavily, trying to force herself to calm down.

After a while, she did. "Okay...okay...I'm in love with her...big whup. I'll...wait until all of the monsters are taken down." She nodded. "Yeah! So she can't get kidnapped! But who am I kidding, she'd break free...she's strong that way~"

She then rapidly shook her head. "I hope I can still look her in the eyes after all of this. I also hope I don't accidentally kiss her...I mean, I wouldn't mind, but I don't know if she would!" She then slammed her head on her pillow. "WHY IS THIS SO HARD!?!?"

King then came over, with Otto riding on the top of his heads. "Uhhh, what's wrong?"

"I have a crush on Amity, and I have no idea what I'm gonna do about it!" She exclaimed.

"Simple!" King said. "Just don't tell her until I've judged her."

Otto nodded, agreeing with the demon pup.

Luz smiled a bit and looked up. "Until you've judged her, eh?"

"Yeah! She's basically gonna be my second mom if she likes you, so I gotta make sure she's nice to me and other people...but mostly The King of Demons."

"Believe me, she definitely will be." Luz then blushed again. "I mean...she may seem cold at first, but she just has a big heart~"

King blinked. "Wow. You really do love her."

"I KNOW." Luz said before sighing. "No one told me crushes were this hard."

"What about all those movies you watch? Wasn't it like super hard to confess?" King asked as he sat beside his mother, with Otto climbing onto Luz's shoulder.

Luz thought and then nodded. "Okay, fair." She then smiled. "But hey, I don't have to focus on that yet. What I wanna focus on right now is defeating the last few monsters. After all! They've been no sweat so far!"

King smirked. "And I apparently took out one of them."

"Still want an answer for that by the way."

"And I still don't have an answer for that by the way." King laughed.

"Was that sass?" Luz snorted.

"Noooo." King giggled.

"You little rascal!" Luz laughed, tickling King. "Speaking of which. You gotta meet Willow and Gus sometime. They ask a lot about you."

"As they should!" King said, feeling his ego grow three sizes that day.

Luz laughed before once again, her phone buzzed. She looked...and then grinned. "Looks like that day is sooner than I thought."

"Another monster?"

"Actually? All of them! Garlog, The Owl Beast, and Stoneheart!"

"THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING!!!" King exclaimed before Luz set him down.

"It'll be ok!" Luz then gently out Otto on her staff before flying off, transforming into her witch attire.

The monsters roared as they crawled through the city, with Stoneheart smashing cars and windows.

Garlog just hissed as he crawled around, looking inside homes to try and find his next meal.

And finally...well, The Owl Beast was munching on a swing.