Chapter 10: Uncanny

Sleep won't be visiting her anytime soon, that's what she thought so she roamed her eyes around her bedroom and landed them on the thing that she sorta missed. Having such hectic schedules, and her present problems weren't helping as well she have somehow forgotten about the hobby which she used to do way back when she was younger.

Knitting, just as she sat on her desk, successfully reached for her mediums, she recalled something. Right, she made one for Y/n back in the Philippines. She places them back on the table, eyes rolling to the side.

Well then, maybe it's still not late for a late dinner so she pulled out her phone and dialed a restaurant and order some dinner out for delivery. A minute have barely even passed yet someone is already ringing their form's doorbell, she checked the time and it shows, '9:15pm'

She she's thinking maybe it's her members and the managers so when out of her room and opens the door only to see one figure, giving her a mild smile as if waiting for her to let her in.

-----
[Quebec, Canada]

"Geez, get a hold of yourself Y/n. Suzy told us you're acting poorly around your cafe these days." these are just words out of concern and Y/n wasn't thinking of it as something else anyways. She lifts her gaze and met her father's eyes, flashing him a small smile and laughed a little.

"Is she ratting me out again?" she managed to joke around. The man just sighed and gave her a stern look making her recollect herself.

"The girl. What happened exactly?" her father had a sudden visit over, she wasn't expecting any guest at the moment. Though the man said he had to fly to the country because he have heard from her bestfriend, he also adds that the whole family wanted to give her a visit but her mother was busy with her work and as well as her older brother with the construction site he's working at. Engineers sure are in demand these days huh?

Y/n made an uncertain sound before saying,
"We broke up." she just gave her father a faint smile before looking elsewhere.

"What?" the man has his eyebrows raised, he was waiting for her to be more detailed. Y/n fiddled with the zipper of the pillow that is placed on her lap, avoiding her father's gaze who is seated in front of her.

"I just thought that maybe it'd be for the best. We can't work it out anyways, her parents.." she cut herself off, thinking of how to make it sound less harsh. "Her parents seems to like her being with someone else."

He eyes her, in deep thought though he knows, he can tell that Mina's parents are giving his daughter a hard time.  But what can they do, what can he do?
"I'm sorry."

"What for?" Y/n lifts her gaze up but was not able to meet her father's eyes, he was looking at the coffee she prepared for him.

"I'm sorry if you weren't born rich, and we're not in a well-known family as her.." then Y/n bursted out in laugher but he tries to add to his words while Y/n laughs off. "If we were rich then maybe her parents would've still picked you—" Y/n subsides her laugher and shook her head, waving her hand in a dismissive manner.

"No, it has nothing to do with wealth." although maybe it does but one thing is for sure. She steadied her breathing and continues, "Her parents are just.. against homosexuality and they don't like me." then there it is again, she flashed him the saddest smile that he's ever seen on her face.

He looked at her a few more seconds before looking down at his cup, shaking his head a little. Sure at first, when they found out about Y/n' issue with the missing kpop idol and the suspicion of what is going on between them, he already knew that something is up with them, or atleast with his daughter. Well no, actually he already knew it from the very beginning, when she was way younger. From the little things, little signs she gives off. From the way she wear clothes, the walk and the way she speak, gives him the slight thought that maybe his daughter is possibly gay. The moment they found out that Y/n was indeed having feeling with another girl at first it was shocking for him and his wife but it didn't take long for them, for him to accept it. But guess acceptance doesn't just have to be on their side and if the other family doesn't agrees to it he's afraid that there's nothing he could do about it.