Chapter 16: The Myouis

They're done washing up, Y/n was the last one to exit the bathroom, already clad in her losoe shirt and pants she dries her short locks with a towel. She spots Mina on the bed, on her phone, with her dog laying on her tummy.

She made her way to them and laid next to Mina giddily then wraps her arm over her neck and nuzzled her neck. Mina let her be and jsut4focused on her phone, Y/n was about to lay her leg on top of Mina's tummy but she remembered that Rei was there laying. She pulls her head away from Mina's neck a bit and took a peek at the dog who is now awake and growling at her.

Y/n laid her leg back down and gulps, Mina heard Rei growling so she softly says, still on her phone.
"Hey, shh..Rei-chan.. Don't be like that, she's staying here with us for now."

Y/n doesn't want to make eye contact with the dog because she knows it'll onlt make him more mad and agressive. She ended up pulling away completely and laid her back on the head board slightly frowning.

"Your dog doesn't like me Mina, I'm scared, he might bite the hell outta me." Mina sighed and sat up as well, set her phone aside and pulled Rei up.
"Rei.. She's not a bad person, she's.. um, my girlfriend, okay?"

Y/n's lips curved into a smile upon hearing that, she even raised both her eyebrows while looking at the dog, wiggling them.
"That's right. GILRFRIEND, Rei." she said.

Their little moment was interrupted by a knock on the door. "That must be them. Let's go." Mina siad and led them downstairs.

The two walked down the stairs with the dog following after them.
"You guys been waiting?"

"No, we just got here too, I think Kai-niichan's in fhe kitchen." Mina stood by the last staircase with Y/n right behind her, bowed fo her parents.

Sachiko went to the kitchen to greet her son leaving the two young couple with Akira, he's on a wheelchair staring at the two rather intentively that made them quite uneasy.

Just when Mina was about to say something to easen the awkwardness the man spoke up.
"Mina, how many times do I have to tell you not to wear short shorts?"

That made the two extremely confused, Y/n had to look off and tries to decode what could possibly mean for her.
"Dad, I've been wearing these at home, why care now? I'm home it's not like I'll be walking on the streets—"

"But you girls do wear stuffs like that outside too, I suggest you tell your outfits designers about it from now on." Akira adds to which Mina couldn't argue with.
"Dad."

"He's right Mina. I think you should.. refrain yourself from wearing something like it outside." Mina heard Y/n whispers to her, agreeing to what the man just said.

Mina rolled her eyes at her and sighed. Then Y/n got called by Sachiko then Mina, the filipino girl went ahead first leaving the two.
"Wear something appropriate from now on. And I don't want you two girls to be getting too close that much—" Mina scrunches up her eyebrows in a confusing manner.

"Why? What's the problem now, dad? Aren't we together already?"

"Yes, but that doesn't mean you can just wear whatever you want when you're with her, you know how it works with kids around your age—"

"How what works dad? And I'm not a kid anymore, I'm 24." Mina now frowning, said that.

"Are you seriously!..." Mina cut herself off before she could even utter the words that she just summed up. She's starting to get what her father was going.

"You're seriously not thinking of that, are you?" her father just gave her a stern look to which she whines, embarrassed by the thought.

"It could happen! But I want you two not to think of those things just yet—"