Chapter 18: New Friend

Y/n thinks André's house was really spacious and it shows that the guy really invested so much in his works, his hardwork really paid off.

There were only few people around, maybe just her, her brother Mark and the rest of Andre's classmates back in school and some of his colleagues. She would give the others a welcoming smile and some small talks.

Some guys did tried to talk to her in a flirty way but thankfully André took her off of that.
"If your girlfriend saw that you know she won't like it."

They just laughed it off before Y/n starts by complementing his house for the umpteenth time.
"Like I said, your house is really amazing, you did great."

The guy nods and hums, hands the glass of wine to her and said.
"Yes, yes and let's toast for your turn."

Y/n gladly accepted and drank it along with him.
"Actually.. I don't really know if I can do it."

Her friend gsve her a look and asked,
"What is? The house or the marriage?" Y/n blushed a bit at the mention of marriage, actually she was referring to the house but since he mentioned it already.

"Well, both because.. you know what I'm doing for a living.. Only you and Mark has the good job between us three—"

"Oh come on don't be like that to yourself, Y/n.." André out aside his drink and scoffs.

"Running a cafe won't do me good at all—"

"Then why don't you do the things that you loved to do?" Y/n raises her gaze and met his.

"Didn't you say you liked taking photos and aren't you good at it? You also studied on that field back in college." he said, pointing at her as he spoke.

"My brother told you that, didn't he?" Y/n said with a done face. "He did." he simply said then they both chuckled.

While they were laughing someone bumped into Y/n from behind causing her to stain her dress shirt with the wine she's holding.
"Oh I'm very sorry!" they turns to the girl who had bumped into her.

She looks asian, obviously japanese because she just spoke in her language,  from a quick glance she can tell that the girl is quite attractive and seems to have a great social standing. 'Is she an artist?'
"O-Oh, it's fine. It's fine."

"Oh no, your shirt!" the girl yelped and tried to wipe the stain off her dress shirt but she pulls away abut and out her hands up in a dismissive manner.
"N-No, its okay, I got it."

André had pulled a tissue from the table and hands it to Y/n. The girl still have a sorry look and bowed, Y/n bowed as well. But before she left she gave Y/n a look but the latter didn't caught it because she was busy wiping the stain off. Only André get to catch it.

André was still thinking about it when Y/n whined and hissed,
"Aish, this is so embarrassing~ hey man, sorry I gotta excuse myself, okay? I'm just gonna get changed."

He snaps out of it and shot her a smile.
"Yeah, sure go ahead." he watches his friend walks away then the girl who also walks away. He tilts his head a bit thinking, 'Who is she?'  he doesn't remember her if she's one of his classmates back in high school or college.

Y/n made her way to the bathroom, unbuttons the first three buttons of her dress shirt, tucks her short locks back and sighed.

"Um.." she quietly gasps and turns around when she heard a voice say behind her.

She chuckled awkwardly and said,
"G-Geez, you startled me.."

It was the same girl that had accidentally bumped into her. She tucks her hair back again before noticing the girl's eyes on. She chuckled awkwardly again and turns back around, closing her dress shirt a bit but only to open again as she bows down and washes her face a bit.