2: City of Smog and Sweets

I looked down on the city and I saw the same smog I'd seen a thousand times before. This time, however, I'd have to smell it. 

Galar had many great places. This wasn't one of them.

"Talonflame, descend." I spat, as the flaming bird swooped downwards towards a place I despised.

I never liked Wyndon. 

Granted, I'd never been there either, just flown from above, but I still never liked it. It just seemed old and disgusting. Small towns can easily pull off a rustic, raw look... not a city though. It had a weird mix of hypermodern metropolis and diseased, sick old houses built a hundred years ago. They didn't even paint the homes, and the new buildings they built looked awful in contrast with the old. It's a disgusting cycle that doesn't end.

Lumiose is better.

"Pika pi"

"You're right, buddy. Better than nowhere I guess." I sighed as Talonflame descended into the urban hell below.

It actually wasn't better than nowhere.

As I jumped off my feathery phoenix, My boot immediately touched a blob of black sludge. 

Great.

I checked the time. 11:00 AM. I still had plenty, as the opening ceremony was at 6PM. I returned Talonflame and my mischievous mythical.

I must admit, the city didn't look too terrible from the inside. The Wyndon stadium was impressive, though I don't think I could have a pokemon battle knowing that I was entertaining the 'people' who built this decrepit place.

I took a left on the stadium and started strolling the narrow streets of Wyndon. I bared through the stench and made an effort to arrive at a shopping center. 

"Hey Pikachu, want anything from the Pokemar- ASIDE FROM A KETCHUP BOTTLE!"

Suddenly I was swarmed by vendors

"Hey Kid, wanna buy this really rare pokemon!"

"no thanks actually, I don't need a Magikarp-"

"some definitely not fake rare candy! Want some?"

"no thanks, I'm not stupid."

"A bag that can hold anything! Even a bike! It'll minimize your items and upscale them when you need them. It was made in Lumiose City and It's called a Clembag"

I paused for a second.

"any chance designed by a certain Clemont from Lumiose?"

"Yeah, Clemont Citron, Famed Inventor!"

I smiled. "I'll take two."

We left with two Clembags, some potions, berries, some extra pokeballs, and a Ketchup Bottle. Then, we went for some clothes. I got Pikachu a new tie (which he refused to wear and immediately spilled ketchup over), and I decided to get a new style.

I bought a couple of T-shirts and navy jeans, a white undershirt, a black hoodie with a zipper, and a black, red and white hat. I was amused when Pikachu decided to occupy the hoodie when he's not slung over my shoulder.

I also got a luxury pair of black leather shoes. My feet deserve it.

Feeling confident in my looks, I headed out and stumbled towards the Pokemon center. I was hungry for lunch.

"Hey Nurse Joy," I asked, "Is there anything to do in this 'city' to pass the time for the next hour?"

She flinched for a second, before lashing out in a thick Galarian accent. "anything to do in Wyndon? There's plenty! What are you doing in an hour that involves being an actual trainer instead of asking the pokemon center for directions?"