4: Memories in the Wind.

With Ash...

"Alright, let's go Pikachu!"

After saying our goodbyes to the Cerise Professors, My buddy and I mounted Staraptor and headed northeast. 

"The Sea of Armour is beautiful, isn't it Pikachu?"

Pikachu just groaned sadly.

"you miss the scones, don't you?" 

"chuuu"

"don't worry, buddy, I'll just make you some when we reach the Tournament campus."

"Pika pi! Pikachu chu pikapi?

"What are you talking about, of course I can bake!"

"star staraptor!"

"Staraptor, don't get involved with this!"

Both Pokemon laughed at my impeccable cooking skills. At least Muk enjoyed it.

Two hours later

We squinted our eyes to see the gargantuan metropolis in the distance. Of course, the squinting didn't last very long, as, within minutes, the world's fastest Staraptor darted us into the heart of the massive Kalosian city.

"This place has really changed..." I thought out loud, returning the mamoswine-sized bird into her Pokeball.

"Pikachu pika Pikachu chu pi pi!"

"I know, we've changed a lot too buddy," I assured. Still, the changes to this town in four years are staggering. When I first visited with Korrina and the Kalos gang, It was a quaint mining village that you couldn't even see the coast from, now it has a massive harbour and is the second-largest city in Kalos.

Still, Pikachu was right; things really have changed, for me and for the world. Suddenly, I found myself in front of a certain familiar area. I was in the city centre, the place where the Geosenge Ancient Stones used to lie. The place where the ultimate weapon was fired. It is so incredibly different, but it has an odd sense of familiarity to it.

"Hey Pikachu, I've got something to show you..."

"Pika?"

I said nothing. Instead, I reached into my Clembag and pulled out something. I didn't keep many physical pictures, but this one was different.

"we're in the exact same spot!"

"chu pika?"

I smiled. His eyes widened as I showed him the Picture.

"I said, we're in the exact same spot...."

When we were last here, the Geosenge Ancient Stones towered above the town of olde. Now, all that remains is a massive hole. They call it 'The Pit of Eternal Life', marked by a plaque and some hand railings.