12: Old Friends

"Paul was right," I admitted, walking out of the arena with Zinnia and the two Hilds. "I can't believe we waited an hour for that."

"I'll say!" said Hilbert, "I'm still mad at Sycamore."

"Why? Wasn't his fault."

"No! It's just that his stupid face made those stupid claims and-"

Hilda put a hand on his shoulder, causing him to shut up. "I think what Hilbert trying to say is that he's mad that Professor Sycamore said this is the 'first' Pokemon World Tournament."

"But it is, right?" Asked Zinnia.

"Technically," spat Hilda, "but there was going to be one before-"

"In Unova..." I recalled sadly.

"Right, and we all know what happened there..." Hilda said, frowning. "So it's pretty insulting, to say the least."

"Very insulting!" Hilbert added. "I might just win this League out of spite!"

"You were gonna do that anyway," said Hilda.

"But not out of spite!"

"I guess not," Hilda said, turning away from the us. "My room is in Laverre building," she said. "Hilbert, do you want to check out my room with me?"

"No thanks!" Said Hilbert, "Tonight I'm gonna check out my room."

"Oh..." said Hilda, "Well, remember our date tomorrow," she said, winking and walking away.

Zinnia made a 'bleh' face when they weren't looking. We both burst out laughing.

Hilbert turned back to us, "Where are you guys staying?" He asked, as we desperately tried to manage a straight face.

"Oh, we're in room 221," Zinnia replied, still giggly.

"Cool, I'm in 205," he said, thinking for a minute. "Wait, how'd you two get the same room?"

I shrugged, changing the subject, which seemed extremely easy with Hilbert. "So, how'd you and Hilda get together?"

"Long story," he said. "It started with me saying YAHOO and breaking all her camera equipment and then with I got trapped in the Light Orb with Reshiram for two years!"

"Wait, pause," I said. "You got trapped where?"

"The Light Orb, but that was after becoming champion."

I was stunned.

"Hold on..." said Zinnia looking at me, then him, then back at me. "You're a former champion who has spent years outside civilization-"

"Yes," we answered simultaneously.

Zinnia smirked, suddenly halting her walking.

"What are you so smiley about- OW" I said, as Hilbert and I held our heads in pain.

"We're here!" Zinnia announced.

"I can see that," I sighed, getting up and looking at the wall we knocked heads on.

We found the actual door, which slid open easily. We walked into the escalator, intending to escalate.

"Nice music," said Hilbert. He looked away, "It's Veilstone. I like my jazz."

"Veilstone..." I repeated, looking at Zinnia. "You think Paul would like it?"

She frowned.

"Nah," we said at the same time.

"Who's... Paul?"

"Nevermind that, Hilbert!" said Zinnia, as the elevator dinged. "Listen to the ding!"