Chapter 5 ~ The characters are set, part 2

We all sat at our arranged seats, we each had a mysterious piece of paper with a white silk ribbon tied around it. My overwhelming curiosity yelled at me to take a peek but I did everything in my power to hold myself back.

Chelsea put so much effort into everything, it'd be a shame to ruin that all just because of a bit of curiosity.

"Thank you all for being so patient, I know I didn't explain why we were all here but I wanted it to be a frighteningly delightful surprise," Chelsea said with a big smile. 

"Now if you'll excuse me I have to bring dinner out," Chelsea said as she got up from the table and walked into the kitchen.

Lottie placed a finger on her piece of paper.

"I'll know if you tamper with them," Chelsea said loudly from the kitchen.

Lottie quickly pulled her hand away.

A few minutes later Chelsea with the help of a few maids came out with dinner plates and placed them in front of us.

In front of each of us was a plate of chicken breast with a cranberry sauce drizzled across, small roasted potatoes, a leafy green salad and a singular dinner roll each.

"Bon happy eat," Chelsea said.

"Did you cook all of this yourself?" I asked.

"Oh goodness no, I had the help of Samantha, Angie, Lucy and Trudy," Chelsea said as she pointed to the maids.

We all bowed our heads at them.

"Thank you for being a great help to Chelsea girls," Bobby said as he smiled at them.

"It's no problem at all," Trudy said.

They left the dining room, we began to eat our meal. There was an awkward feeling in the air, we all looked around at each other and for some reason or another, I feel like we were all thinking the same thing.

"So when did you become loaded Bobs," Gary said before piling a fork full of food in his mouth.

I looked around the table, Rahim had almost choked on his drink and Priyas eyes went wide. It was the question I think we were all wondering but none of us had the balls to ask.

"You know I was expecting this question to be asked," Bobby said as he chuckled.

"My family often dabbles in business ventures and because of that some of them ended up making a lot of money, I do not have any money however my family does and they decided to all chip in for a family holiday home," Bobby said as he cut his meat.

"Why didn't you talk about it in the Villa?" Priya asked.

"I wanted to be seen as Bobby, the upcoming baker, not Bobby the boy from rich roots," Bobby said before putting some of his meal in his mouth.

"I understand, I love what I do but people do look at you differently when they know you have money," Rahim said.

We ate the rest of our meal in silence, I couldn't help but think of what Bobby had said. It must have been hard for him to grow up around that sort of pressure. The culinary industry is ridiculously competitive but he continued with his dream instead of going with an easy option and following in his families footsteps.

After everyone finished their meal our plates were taken out and new ones were brought in.

This time there was a slice of cake along with a scoop of ice cream.

"You're spoiling us, Chelsea," Hope said with a smile.

"Can you blame me?" Chelsea said back.

*Ten minutes later*