The Finale Part 1

Everything was a blur once the paramedics came, I rode in the ambulance with her but I felt like I had no control once I got in there. They were in a rush to check her vitals.

Once we got into the hospital I had to stay behind in the waiting room, No one would tell me what was happening, where she was and if my best friend was going to be okay.

I was overwhelmed with a sea of guilt and regret. Thoughts began to infest my mind.

"How could you?"

"You had sex with Bobby while your best friend was trapped!"

"How long until she would've been found?"

I tried to shake the thoughts out of my head but they continued to grow louder, my feelings continued to amplify.

Anger

Guilt

Heartbreak

Sadness

I felt like I betrayed my best friend, I felt like I should have known. I should have tried harder to contact her, to see her.

I felt arms wrap around me, suddenly I opened like a flood gate.

"It's okay, It's going to be okay," Marisol said as she squeezed me.

"It's all my fault," I said as I cried into her shoulder.

"No it isn't, it's his fault and even then Bobby isn't in the right frame of mind. What happened to Hannah and the others is in no way your fault." She said.

"I should have known," I said.

"How?" She asked.

"I don't know! But I should have" I said as I felt my hands clench into fists.

Marisol rubbed my back softly.

"It's going to be okay, now come on let's go sit down and wait for a nurse to talk to us," She said

I followed Marisol over to the chairs.

"Tell me what's going on," She said.

"I feel guilty," I said.

"For not knowing where she was?" She asked.

"Well, that and for sleeping with Bobby while my friend needed me," I said as I sighed.

"You couldn't have known," She said as she looked into my eyes.

"I know," I said.

"If you know then why do you keep punishing yourself," She said.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but I have some updates on Miss Griffiths condition," A nurse said.

"I'm MC and this is Marisol we're Hannah's friends, Is she going to be okay?" I asked.

"Firstly, does she have any family you can call?" The nurse asked.

*A couple of days later*

I watched her, looking at her. Waiting for her to show some sign of being there.

"Still no signs?" Marisol said as she walked into the room.

"No," I said as I rubbed my eyes.

"How long have you been awake?" She asked.

"I'm fine honestly, I don't need to sleep," I said.

She sat in the chair beside me and signalled me to rest my head on her shoulder.

"Come on, even if you don't nap at least be comfortable. These chairs aren't exactly amazingly comfortable" She said.