Chapter 6 - The first death

"5 AM"

I looked over at my phone, I was hoping in my heart it wasn't that early.

I spent my night tossing and turning going over what happened last night, flashbacks continue to enter my mind.

"I can't believe we did that," I thought to myself.

I could still feel his hand on my thigh, his breath gently dancing on my neck, his eyes that were filled with hunger.

"Something had changed within Bobby and I had no idea what it was, I didn't know whether it was a good change or something I should be worried about or maybe he's always been this way and I just never got to experience it until last night." I thought to myself.

"5 AM"

I looked over at my phone, Still, 5 AM. I feel like I'm frozen in time.

"I should be happy but I can't stop feeling guilty, Hannah is my friend. I wanted to speak to her about my feelings first and now whatever moral ground I may have had has been stripped away. Sure they aren't together anymore but she needed to know how I felt before anything happened." I thought to myself.

I continued to toss around in my bed.

"What's wrong hun?" Maris"ol said in the bed across from me.

"Huh?, Sorry I didn't realise you were awake," I said.

"I haven't been awake for too long, however, something is definitely up with you," She said as she sat up.

"I did something bad," I said as I sat at the edge of my bed facing her.

"What did you do?" She asked.

"I had sex with Bobby," I said.

"But he's with Hannah!" She said.

"They've broken up! He told me last night when I spoke to him next to the fireplace. He didn't want to tell anyone because he didn't want all of this weekend to be focused on him" I said.

"You know I'm not as into the whole girl code thing as Lottie but I know you care about it so how are you feeling? I know you and Hannah are close" She said.

"Honestly I've got no bloody idea, Hannah and I haven't really spoken in a while. I put it down to her just being busy with her new book but now I'm wondering if she knew I was into Bobby" I said.

"I highly doubt she knew but what are you going to do from here? We can go back home if you need space" She said.

"No that's okay, I'll just be mature and talk to Bobby after breakfast or something. We'll need to talk about Hannah and where to go from here. Maybe it was just a one-time thing or maybe it's the start of something bigger" I said.

"And even if it doesn't turn into something bigger with him there are always other people," She said.

I looked over at my phone.

"6:30 AM"

"Time finally stopped being frozen," I thought to myself.

An energetic knock greeted our door followed by Chelsea's head.

"Hi! I just wanted to let you guys know that breakfast is in half an hour but don't get dressed just plop on down in your pj's" Chelsea said.

And within a flash she was gone, On a mission to wake us all up.

"I suppose we should head down," She said.

We put our robes and slippers on and walked downstairs. Warm air was breezing through the ground floor, which could only mean the fireplace has already been kindly lit.We walked into the living room to be greeted by a sleepy Hope and an energetic Priya.