Chapter 8 - The missing cap keeper

"Does anyone know where Gary is?" Lottie asked.

"Well the last time I saw him he said he didn't feel too well so I told him about a pharmacy in the nearby village," Bobby said.

"How far is the village from here?" Lottie asked.

"A couple of hours," Bobby said.

"That's just like him, leaving before letting me know," Lottie said as she shook her head.

Once we were all settled in, the maids brought our plates of food to us.

I bowed my head towards them and thanked them. I dug in, still surprised at how good every meal we've had is.

*Fifteen minutes later*

Priya let out a big yawn.

"Oh gosh sorry about that," She said as she chuckled a little.

"Oh don't worry you aren't the only one that feels that way," Rahim said.

"Honestly I'm not too tired so I might stay up for a bit longer, anyone who feels the same way is welcome to hang out with me in the living room," Hope said as she stood up from the dining table.

"I think I'll come with you," Rahim said.

"Same here," Bobby said.

One by one we left the dining room. Rahim, Bobby, Hope and Chelsea stayed behind in the living room while Myself, Priya, Lottie and Marisol went to bed.

As I was walking up the stairs Bobby called my name.

"Hey, are we okay?" Bobby said from a few stairs below me.

"I don't know, why were you coming out from under a hatch in the backyard? And why has Gary suddenly disappeared after you were with him?" I thought to myself as I looked at him, trying my best not to show how conflicted I am on my face.

"Yeah, I just have a lot on my plate," I said as I smiled at him.

He gently grabbed my hand, for a second the doubts I had about him left my head.

"Maybe I'm just overreacting, pushing my fears of our possible relationship to an absurd place because I'm scared. Could Bobby hurt anyone?" I thought to myself.

He walked up to the step I was on, his gaze never leaving my eyes.

"I'm here for you if you need me MC, any doubts you're having we can talk about it," He said.

I pressed my forehead against his ever so gently, he reached around me placing his hand on the small of my back.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked.

I nodded and he smiled.

He pulled me towards him hungrily, pressing his body against mine. In comparison his kiss was gentle.

"I hope you sleep well MC," he said.

"I hope you sleep well too Bobby," I said.

I continued walking to my room, I noticed Lottie standing outside of her room.

"You okay?" I called.

Her attention suddenly on me, She looked up and smiled.

"Oh yeah, I was just thinking but don't worry about me get to bed," She said as she laughed.

With that, she went into her room and so did I.

"How was your day today Mari?" I said as I started going through my suitcase looking for some PJs.