3

Waking up to go to school, it was a freezy windy day, I knew it from the foggy window and the sound of the breeze. I sighed and rubbed my eyes, looking at the ceiling and momentarily getting lost in it, finding a little but comfort.

It's just another day of school but I was completely done with it. I go there and no one glances at me at all, sometimes small conversations happen, but other than that it's where I'm the loneliest, especially at the lunch time, I feel like a freak eating alone while every single student is socializing with the other.

I sighed a little and half sat on bed, feeling my head heavy from the sleep. I turned on the lamp on my bedside to wake up a little, and indeed it did male a difference. I brushed my teeth and came back to my bedroom to see what to wear. I eventually settled for a dark blue-black jeans, a white wool blouse, a black wool jacket with a black knee-high boots and completed with my new beret.

I put my beret on and looked at the mirror, seeing a light skinned, blonde hair, and green eyed girl looking back at me.

For someone who has a horrible self-esteem, I never go without my red lipstick. It's actually a part of who I am. Picking it up and sliding it on my lips, I put down once I was satisfied with how I looked.

I checked my phone to see if anyone texted. None.

I shrugged and went downstairs to meet my mum, finding her making some delicious pancakes with some decaf coffee since she knows that the normal coffee upsets my stomach greatly.

I smiled at her warm gaze and hugged her, she has always been a sense of comfort for me, unlike my dad, who's someone who loves pushing my out of my comfort zone, but in a good way. I have a great relationship with both of my parents, but just like almost everyone else, I'm closer to my mum than my father. Nevertheless, they both come first before anything else.

"Good morning mum, where's dad?"
"Good morning, honey. Your dad has been off to work, something about a very important meeting that his life depends on." She waves her hand nonchalantly while smiling and rolling her eyes at my dad's dramatic metaphor.

I laughed at her and started eating, finishing my coffee and eventually getting my backpack. I waved my mum goodbye and started walking to school.