6

Tapping my foot impatiently, I kept glancing at the clock. I wanted to jump out of the desk and leave, but surely if I do that my long coat will get stuck or something and I'll fall and become a joke. A bit dramatic but it won't work anyways.

I was wearing a white button down, black trousers, black knee boots, a beige coat, and my new beret. It was probably too classic for school but who cares? I look good for myself

I got a few compliments from people I know while passing the hall but all I did was mutter a "thank you" and smile.

Finally hearing the bell, I jumped put of my seat and collected everything, feeling happy that this is finally the end of the day. I started walking out of my class, muttering "see yas" and "goodbyes" here and there. I checked the time and it was 2:50, so I put my headphones and started walking slowly as there was no hurry to get there. Stopping by the destination, I looked at it and found out that I was exactly infront of the ice cream shop. It was now 3:05, so I sat down on one of the chairs that belong to the ice cream shop and waited for Victor.

The ice cream shop Victor wanted to hang out at had a vintage décor and was playing some old music from the 50s, which is something I admired because I'm a huge of fan of older times. All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers started playing, making me put down my phone and sing along with the song. After it ended, Poor Little Fool by Ricky Nelson started playing, and that's when I saw Victor coming from afar.

He was wearing black pants with a tucked out white button down. He looked a little classic like me which I found amusing.

"Hey," he smiled as he got closer and took a seat infront of me.

"Hey," I smiled back.

"Ah! Poor Little Fool, my favourite song," he smiled while bobbing his head left to right while I closed my eyes, and just then my favourite part came and I was singing along, only to find someone is singing with me, I opened my eyes and saw Victor singing it with me too.

She told me how she cared for me
And that we'd never part
And so for the very first tome
I gave away my heart

Poor little fool, oh yeah
I was a fool, uh-huh

We looked at each other while singing, enjoying the music and tapping our fingers along with it. When the song finished we smiled at each other once more and stayed silent for a few seconds.

"I've never taken you as a guy who likes classics," I started.

"Oh, dear Marilyn, I'm full of surprises," he replied

"We'll see," I challenged.

"Well, how about we order first then we can find out later?" He asked sarcastically, to which I rolled my eyes at and nodded.

"Let's go,"

We stood up and entered the shop. I ordered mastic while he did the same, telling me that he has never tried it before. Victor payed for the both of us.

"You didn't have to do this, thank you," I told him shyly

"Come on it's nothing, don't thank me," he frowned a little.

I nodded and we returned back to our seats. This time Johnny Be Goode by Chuck Berry was playing.

"Ugh I hate that song, however, I'm in love with the mastic flavor. it's gonna be my new obsession from now on" Victor announced. I laughed.

"How could you hate that song? And I'm glad," He shrugged and we ate in silence. After throwing away the cups we started walking aimlessly.

"Victor! Victor!" We heard a voice calling. We looked at the direction of the voice and saw a mop of bright red hair walking towards us, as the figure came closer, I noticed that it was a tall dark skinned boy with a warm smile getting closer to us.

"Hey man, where ya been?" The boy asked after greeting him with that weird boyish handshake.

"Nothing really, just school and stuff," Victor replied.

"Who's the pretty girl," the boy smiled again, but this time he directed his smile at me and I smiled back.

"Shut up man," Victor groaned.

"Her name is Shut Up Man?" The boy asked amusingly, making me laugh.

"I'm Marilyn"
"This is Marilyn"

Victor and I announced my name at the same time, laughing in the process.

"This is Alexander, and she's Marilyn, as you know now," Alexander pointed to me

"Pretty name for a pretty girl," Alexander raised his brows amusingly while shaking my hand. I laughed.

"Thank you. I love your hair. Red's my favorite color," I pointed out.

Alexander's hand immediately came on his head. "Why thank you, princess," I laughed again. "Come on join us," I pointed to the air. "Alright. But let me take you to a nice place that's a part of our friendship," Alexander announced.

I looked at Victor and he nodded at me assuring me to agree. Feeling excitement fill me, I raised my voice a little, "Alright, let's go."