Chapter one

Julianna was laying on the ground, cold and hungry, she needs and escape plan but didn't have one.

"Julianna, we have to get out." A girl named Hanna said, Julianna sat up.

"I know." Julianna whispered, she walked around the basement looking for something to pry the door open.

She found a crow bar behind a box, she smiled and picked it up. "Let's get out of here." She said, Hanna nodded.

"Why didn't we think to look behind the boxes?" Hanna muttered, Julianna shrugged.

Julianna walked uo the stairs and started prying the door open, when it finally popped open, she laughed with tears in her eyes.

She grabbed Hanna's hand and walked out, with the crow bar in another hand. Hanna let go of her hand and grabbed a glass of water that was on the table, next to some food that looked old.

Julianna looked away for one second than heard Hanna scream, she looked back at her and saw the person that bought them.

He was biting into Hamna's neck, Julianna gasped and looked at Hanna. It's her or me. She told herself.

Julianna took off running, hearing the yells from Hanna, she opened the door and ran outside.

She never stopped running, but when she got to her house, all she felt was rage.

She opened the door, and it looked horrible, everything was out of place, she kept the crow bar in her hand and walked up to her room.

She opened the door expecting to see her fiancé with another girl, but instead she saw him laying in bed with a gun shot in his head.

"Mother fucker." She muttered, she than saw the gun by his hand and sighed.

He killed himself. She thought, even though tears were gathering in her eyes she tried not to let them fall.

She walked up and grabbed the gun than checked the chamber, there was still nine bullets left.

"Drop the gun." She heard a deep voice say, Julianna slowly turned around and saw a dark skinned man holding a gun to her.

"Please don't shoot." She begged, the guy's eyes widened.

"You're Julianna Hills. The missing girl." He said, Julianna nodded with tears in her eyes.

"Yeah- yeah that's me." She whispered, he looked at the note on the bed. "That's my fiancé I found him like that, I think he killed himself. Couldn't live with selling me to that guy." She muttered, the guy's dropped.

"You're fiancé sold you?" He asked, she nodded and watched a little boy walk out from behind the man.

"Hi." He squeaked, Julianna smiled.

"Hi." She muttered, she looked back up at the man.

"I'm Morgan, that's Dwayne." Margan said, Julianna nodded.

"Nice to meet you. Why are you going around with guns?" She asked, Morgan sighed.

"I forgot you've been missing for two years." He muttered, Julianna nodded. "It's the end of the world. Um a sickness spread around, and it brings the dead dead back to life." He explained, Julianna's eyes widened.

"What?" She spluttered out, Morgan nodded.

"It's horrible, the sickness, I watched my wife die from it. You get a really high fever, you're skin looks like it gets burned off, than when you actually die, you come back as a walker. That's what we call 'em." He said, Julianna looked down.

"Is she coming back with us dad?" Dwayne asked, Morgan looked down at his son.

"Are you scratched or bit?" Morgan asked, Julianna shook her head, Morgan eyed her wrap on her arm.

"That's a cut. He um- the guy that bought me had really bad anger issues and he cut me. You can check, I'm sure its all healed up." Julianna explained, Morgan nodded and walked up to her.

She flinched when he brought his hand up, but let out a sigh when he started unwrapping it.

Morgan nodded when he saw the healing scar, it was redish pinkish, and looked okay. "It looked like it happened a while ago." Morgan said, Julianna nodded.

"It did. I don't know how long ago though." She muttered, Morgan nodded with a frown.

"You can come back with us, but if you try to hurt my son, I'll kill you." Morgan threatened her, Julianna nodded.

"I promise I won't hurt him." Julianna said, Morgan nodded and looked at her gun.

"You'll need a knife, have one around here?" Morgan asked, Julianna nodded and opened a drawer on her bedside.

"My fiancé was big on knives, here are four pocket knives." Julianna said grabbing them, and handing them to Morgan to look at.

"These are nice

"These are nice." Morgan muttered, Julianna nodded.

"If you want, you can give you're son the small one, train him how to use it." Julianna muttered as she opened the closet. "And if he didn't sell it, I should have my sword in here." She muttered, she smiled when she saw it hanging on a hanger.

"Ha!" She laughed grabbing it and putting it over her shoulder, she drew the sword and stared at it

"Ha!" She laughed grabbing it and putting it over her shoulder, she drew the sword and stared at it. "At least he kept it clean." She whispered looking at her reflection.

"That's also nice. Now you have to go for the brain. Here." Morgan handed her two if the pocket knives. "You mind if I keep one for myself and my son?"  He asked, Julianna shook her head and put her sword in her sheath.

She grabbed the two pocket knives and clipped them on her jeans before smiling at Morgan.

"Good, now let's go. Dwayne is already packing all the food. Grab some clothes if you have any here." Morgan said before walking down stairs.

Julianna grabbed a box in the closet that said Julianna's clothes. She went through the clothes and grabbed a back pack before putting some clothes in her bag.

Julianna jogged down stairs to see Morgan and Dwayne waiting for her, she smiled at them before walking up to them.

"I'm ready." She said smiling, Morgan nodded.

"Thanks for the knife Julianna." Dwayne muttered, Julianna nodded and Morgan opened the door with on hand on his knife.

Julianna drew her sword carefully and kept a tight hold on it, she watched as Morgan ran at a walker and shoved the knife through its head.