Chapter seventeen

As Rick and Carl ran fast, Julianna started waking up, she couldn't really see anything because it was blury.

"Stay with me Juli, please." Rick pleaded, he looked down to see her eyes open.

"I'm okay, where are we going?" She mumbled, Rick smiled and looked up.

"To get you help." Rick said, Julianna nodded and started to close her eyes again. "No! Keep you're eyes open!" Rick yelled, Julianna smiled and looked around.

"C-carl?!" She yelled, Carl ran faster and looked at Julianna.

"I'm right here." Carl whispered, Julianna nodded with tears in her eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked, Carl looked at himself and nodded.

"I have a few scratches but nothing to bad- Dad look!" Carl yelled, Rick pushed himself to run faster.

"Is she bit?!" A man asked, Rick shook his head slightly out of breath.

"Shot! By you're man!" Rick yelled, the man started to look worried.

"Otis?" The man mumbled, Rick nodded and looked down at her.

"Please, please save her. I need her." Rick whispered, Hershel nodded.

"Get inside, come on!" Hershel yelled, Rick hurried inside and followed him to a room. "Lay her down." He said, Rick nodded. "Grab pillow sheets." Rick did as told with his eyes on Julianna.

"Is- is she gonna be okay?" Rick asked, Hershel looked around.

"Put pressure on the wound. I need to look for a exit wound." Hershel said he flipped her over and didn't see one. "Crap, okay." He mumbled, Rick looked around and saw Shane talking to Carl.

Rick stumbled out of the room but stopped when Hershel asked something. "What blood type is she?" Hershel asked.

"What's you're blood type?" She asked, Rick sighed and looked down at her.

"Planning on dying anytime soon?" He asked, Julianna snorted and shook her head.

"Nope." She muttered, Rick smiled.

"I'm A positive." Rick said, Julianna smiled and nodded.

"Cool, same." Julianna said, Rick smiled and grabbed her hand, helping her over the railing.

"A positive. Same as mine." Rick said, Hershel nodded with a smalk smile.

"Okay, you need to stay here." Hershel said, Rick nodded and looked at Shane.

"I-Ian he needs to know." Rick mumbled, Shane nodded and wiped Julianna's blood off her face.

"I'll tell him." A voice said, Rick looked behind him and saw a girl in a cowboy hat.

"H-he has red hair, and his name is Ian, Ian Hills." Rick said, the girl nodded and walked out.

"Rick, look at me, she's gonna be fine." Shane said, Rick nodded with watered eyes.

"I know. She has to be." Rick mumbled, he met a few tears fall down his face.

"She will be." Shane said, Rick nodded and looked down at Carl who was crying.

"Rick. We need you." A girl said, Rick followed her into the room again. "Sit down." She said, Rick sat down and watched as he set up his blood transfusion. "Little poke." She muttered and poked the needle into his arm.

Rick didn't flinch, he stared at Julianna with sad eyes. "She you're wife?" Hershel asked, Rick shook his head.

"My girlfriend." Rick whispered, his heart started to clench, he put his head in his hands and cried.

"Dad." Carl whimpered, Rick looked over at his son and hugged him tightly.

"She'll be okay, Carl." Rick whispered, staring at his girlfriend with pleading eyes.

Her eyes started to flutter open, Rick jumped up and held her hand, she looked over at hik with wide eyes.

"C-carl-?" She stuttered, Carl came by her other side and held her hand.

"I'm right here." He whispered, Julianna smiled at him, her eyes started to close again.

Her body went completely limp, Rick stared in horror. Hershel checked for a pulse and found one, she soon started seizing.

"Dad!" Carl cried, Rick let the tears fall from his eyes as he stared at her.

"It's just a seizure." Hershel said, Rick grabbed his son and they cried on eachother.

"Julianna!" A loud booming voice yelled, Ian ran in the room and tears fell from his eyes.

Her seizure started to die down, and she went limp, Ian grabbed her hand and started whispering things over and over again.

"She's gonna be okay, right?" Ian asked, he looked up at Hershel who looked down at the girl.

"I don't know. I'm gonna take out the shallowest bullet. See if she can handle it." Hershel said, Rick held his breath and watched as Hershel cut the whole open wider.

Julianna eyes flew open and she started screaming, Ian, Rick and Carl all let out crys.

"Stop! You're killing her!" Rick yelled, Hershel got the bullet out and she went limp again.

"She's just passed out." Hershel said, Ian looked up at Rick with angery eyes.

"I trusted you!" He yelled, Rick looked down at Julianna and let more tears fall. "You- you should've protected her!" He cried, Rick looked at him.

"I- I didn't even see him. She just shoved Carl and she was down. It-It all happened so fast." Rick stuttered, Carl grabbed his dad's hand and they walked out.

Hershel sent Shane and Otis to go get some more supplies, Rick, Carl and Ian never left her side.

It was getting dark and more of his group started to show up, Glenn, T-dog, and Lori.

Lori ran in and her eyes landed on Julianna, she looked at Rick to see his eyes were puffy, and he looked heartbroken.

"Rick." She whispered, he looked uo at her than back down at Julianna.

"She put her life at risk to save our son." Rick whispered, Lori covered her mouth and looked at Carl, who was sleeping in his dad's lap. "Don't act like you care." Rick whispered, he grabbed Julianna's hand and placed a kiss on it.

"I do care Rick, just because you chose her doesn't mean I don't care about her." Lori whispered, she grabbed Julianna's hand and looked over her. "She saved our son." Lori whispered, her eyes filled with tears.

"Rick, Ian, you guys need to make a choice, she's not gonna survive much longer." Hershel said, Rick looked up at him.

"A-a choice?" He stuttered, Ian nodded and looked down at his older sister.

"A choice." Ian whispered, he looked up at Rick with watery eyes. "Y-you have to. I- I can't." Ian stuttered, Rick nodded and looked up at Hershel.

"You do it." Rick said, he stood up and placed a kiss on Julianna's head.