Chapter eleven

"Hey, you okay?" Ian asked as he walked up to Julianna, Julianna nodded and took a drink of water.

"I'm tired." She sighed, she looked behind Ian and smiled at Daryl, who was already looking at her.

"Hey, you 'kay?" Daryl asked as he walked up, Julianna nodded with a smile.

"I'm fine, it's just the heat-" Julianna said, she paused and grabbed onto Daryl's shirt. "Woah." She muttered, she looked around and saw black dots appearing in her eye sight. "I-i'm going to pass out, catch me-" She said than started to fall down, Daryl wrapped his arms around her and held her up.

"Jules!" Carl yelled, gathering everyone's attention, Rick looked over and saw Daryl holding a limp Julianna.

"What the fuck happened?!" Rick yelled as he ran up, with Shane on his trail.

"I- I don't know!" Ian yelled, with wide eyes, he looked over at Lori and saw her smirking.

"Lay her down in the RV, it's probably the heat." Dale said, Rick nodded and took Julianna from Daryl.

"Okay." Rick whispered, he walked slowly with her in his arms, when he looked up he made eye contact with Lori.

Rick got in the RV and layed Julianna down, he looked back and saw Shane staring at him angerly.

"What the hell are you doing?" Shane snapped, Rick sighed and looked at him.

"Ithinki'mfallingforher." Rick mumbled faster, Shane tilted his head like a lost puppy.

"What was that?" Shane asked, Rick sighed loudly.

"I think I'm falling for her!" Rick said loudly, Shane looked at him with a glare.

"You have a wife man." Shane said shaking his head, Rick chuckled and shook his head.

"I had a wife. A wife that I loved unconditionally, but that's not her no more." Rick said shaking his head, he looked at Julianna. "It's not the Lori I married." Rick whispered, he sat down and held Julianna's hand.

Outside Lori was leaning against the RV and heard everything, she had tears in her eyes and she looked up at Carol.

"You know what's the worst part of having you're husband not love you anymore. Is watching him fall in love with someone else. Someone new, someone different." Carol told her, Lori nodded and let a tear fall before she wiped it.

"Yeah, I know." Lori mumbled, she started walking away with Carol behind her.

Back in the RV Julianna's hand twitched, Rick's head shot up and he stared at her.

"Rick?" She mumbled, Rick smiled and squeezed her hand.

"Right here Juli." Rick whispered, Julianna smiled tiredly and nodded.

"Good, good. What happened?" She mumbled, Rick shrugged and looked back down at her hand.

"Heat stroke?" He mumbled, Julianna laughed and nodded.

"Okay." She said, Rick kissed her hand lightly before standing back up.

"I have to continue helping. But I think we're gonna go to the CDC." Rick told her, Julianna nodded with a smile.

"Sounds like a plan Rick." Julianna mumbled, Rick nodded and kissed her forehead.

"Get some rest, yeah?" He asked, Julianna nodded but her heart was beating erratically.

"Y-yeah okay." She stuttered, Rick smiled and walked out. "You can not fall for this man." She whispered shaking her head. "You already have." She said out loud, she shook her head and rolled over before closing her eyes, letting the sleep consume her.

♡♡

"Rick, we need to talk." Lori said, walking up with a bounce in her step.

"Yeah, we do." Rick muttered, Lori looked down and waited for him to say it. "I-.. I think we shouldn't be together anymore." Rick whispered, Lori felt the tears start to form but didn't let any fall.

"Okay. Um well than you should know-" Lori started to say but was cut off by a ear piercing scream.

"GET OFF ME!" Rick's eyes widened when he recognized the voice, he threw his gloves off and ran to the RV.

Julianna was in the bed thrashing around, she was screaming and tears were running dowm her face.

Rick got in bed and grabbed her hands to stop her from punching his. "Juli, Julianna, you're okay. Come on, wake up love." Rick whispered, Julianna's eyes snapped open and Rick saw her beautiful brown eyes filled with tears. "You're okay." He whispered, Julianna curled in his side and cried.

"Rick." She whimpered, Rick looked up at the ceiling and held her tighter, he kissed the top of her head.

"He's gone, remember?" Rick whispered, Julianna nodded and hugged him tighter.

"I'm sorry." Julianna whispered, tears still falling down her cheeks, she let out a sob and her body shook.

"No, don't be sorry. It's okay." No don't be sorry, I should've looked harder, Rick wanted to say, but instead other words came out of his mouth.

"I'm scared Rick." Julianna whispered, Rick tilted her head up to look at her.

"Don't be. I won't let anyone hurt you ever again." Rick promised, Julianna nodded and closed her eyes.

"I gotta finish packing up, than I'm bringing Jim in here because he got bit and you're gonna ride with me, Carl and Lori." Rick told her, Julianna nodded and smiled.

"Yes sir." She said laughing, Rick smiled but knew she was covering up her pain.

"I'll see you soon." Rick whispered before he got up and tucked her in before walking out.

"She alright?" Ian asked, immediately after Rick walked out.

"Yeah, just a dream. You should go lay with her." Rick told him, Ian nodded and walked in.

Rick sighed and walked back to Lori's tent, he started getting everything out before packing up the tent.

"You fell for her." Lori said as she walked up, Rick laughed gently.

"Yeah." He whispered, Lori nodded and looked down.

"I slept with Shane." She admitted, Rick's eyes snapped up to her. "More than once, even before the world went to shit." Lori said, staring anywhere else except him.

"W-what?" Rick stuttered, Lori nodded and looked at Rick. "You fucked my bestfriend, while you thought I was dead, and when you left our son and I?" Rick asked, tears quickly gathering in his eyes.

"Rick, I'm sorry." Lori whispered, Rick shook his head and glared at her.

"Yeah, we're done." Rick spat out, Lori nodded and walked away. "Fucking hell." Rick whispered shaking his head, he looked up and saw Julianna standing there.

"Rick.." She whispered, Rick looked away quickly.

"Did you know?" He asked, Julianna looked down. "Fucking hell." He mumbled, he shoved past Julianna and walked away.