Chapter nineteen

The next morning Julianna woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon, her mouth watered.

Rick was asleep on the chair, slightly snoring with his mouth wide open. Julianna chuckled and sat up, she winced as she stood up.

"Julianna, what are you doing?" Rick asked, Julianna froze and looked at him.

"This is a dream, go back to sleep." Julianna said, Rick shook his head and stood up.

"Get back in bed, I'll bring you breakfast." He said, he kissed her slowly than walked away.

Julianna climbed back in bed, and covered herself up, she looked up at the ceiling in pain from getting up.

"Good morning Julianna, how are you?" Beth asked, Julianna smiled at her.

"I'm in pain, but I'll get through it." She said, Beth nodded and handed her some pills and a glass of Oj.

"Here's some ibuprofen. It'll help." Beth said, Julianna took them with a greatful smile and took them.

"Thank you." Julianna said, Rick walked in with toast and eggs. "Thank you baby." Julianna said and took them from him.

Beth walked out to leave the couple alone, Rick sat down on the bed and looked down.

"I was so scared Jules." Rick whispered, Julianna looked up from her eggs. "I- I though I was gonna lose you, and I wasn't ready to yet, I don't think I'll ever be ready for you to leave me." Rick told her, his blue eyes were watery.

"Hey, I'm not going anywhere Rick." Julianna told him, she set the food down and grabbed his hand. "I'm always gonna be with you Rick. Always and forever." Julianna told him, Rick smiled and kissed her.

"Eat something." Rick told her when he pulled away, Julianna chuckled and started putting eggs on her toast.

"Okay, okay, I will." Julianna said, Rock smiled, he kept an eye on her no matter what, he was just making sure that she was okay.

I mean she did just get shot, so she couldn't be feeling that good already.

Rick sat with her until he had to start looking for Sophia with everyone else, Carl came in and kept her company, which she loved, she even read to him until he passed out, causing her to pass out to.

Carl was snuggled into her arms, and she held him tightly, as if he might slip away.

When Rick came in it was around six, he saw Julianna and his son cuddled up and smiled, sitting down in the chair next to the bed, he layed his head on the bed and sighed.

Soon he also passed out, Julianna woke up to Carl being pulled away from her, and reacted quickly, grabbed the gun in the dresser and pointing it at whoever tabbed the boy.

Lori stood there with a fear stricken face, Julianna put the gun down and sighed, she ran and hand over her face. "I'm sorry, I was having a nightmare." She whispered, Lori nodded and walked out of the room silently.

Rick woke up soon after she left, and looked at Julianna, she was sitting up and staring at the wall I front of her.

"Are you okay?" Rick whispered, Julianna jumped, and looked over at him.

"Yeah, just in a little pain is all." She mumbled, Rick got up and grabbed the bottle of pain killers, and handed her two before grabbing her glass of water and handing it to her also.

Julianna took the pills, and patted the bed for Rick to lay down with her, which he did.

She turned away from him, and he wrapped her arm carefully around her waist, rubbing small circles into her skin.

Julianna sighed and grabbed his hand, stopping its movement and held it tightly.

"Are you sure your okay?" Rick whispered, kissing her head softly.

"Yeah, why?" She asked, Rick shook his head and kissed her cheek softly.

"No reason, just wondering." He whispered, Julianna nodded and sighed, and closed her eyes letting the sleep consume her once again, she must admit, getting shot was exhausting.

The next morning

Julianna woke up in a cold sweat, and in pain, she groaned loudly, causing Rick to run in room.

"Juli? You okay?" He asked, Julianna shook her head and cried out in pain as she held her stomach, Hershel ran in after hearing her and so did Patricia.

"Julianna, honey I need you to lay in your back so I can take a look." Hershel said, Julianna did as she was told, and he lifted her shirt before unwrapping the bandage and checking the healing wound.

"Is she gonna be okay?" Rick asked worried, Hershel noticed that there was something sticking out of the stitches, and soon noticed it was another bullet fragment that made its way to the top.

"It's a billet fragment, Pat, get the suturing kit, now!" He said, Julianna cried out in pain and squeezed Ricks hand.

"She's gonna be okay though right?" Rick asked, Hershel nodded and Pat came running in, Hershel cut two of the stitches causing Julianna to cry out in pain.

He out of gloves and grabbed tweezers, before carefully taking out the piece, Julianna screamed in agony as she felt like her insides were being torn out as he pulled.

"Stop! Your hurting her!" Rick yelled, Hershel looked up at him.

"If I don't get it out she'll get infected." Hershel said, once it was out, he gave Julianna something to bite in ad he repaired the stitches, causing her to cry even more.

Rick grabbed some pain killers, and handed her a glass of water once Hershel was done, and helped her take the pills.

Soon she passed out, Hershel told Rick that she can't move too much while she's healing or it could rip the stitches.

Rick soon left to work in finding Sophia, and when he came back, she was still out like a light, he carefully checked to see if she was still breathing.

"Making sure I'm not dead Sheriff?" Julianna whispered, cracking a smile, Rick grinned and held her hand.

"Your okay." He whispered, Julianna nodded and squeezed her hand, Rick climbed in bed behind her and held her and she slowly drifted back off to sleep, him following soon after.