Chapter 16: The Ball

Two days later:

I rubbed my eyes waking up and noticed I didn't have any nightmares last night which I was relived. But was even more happy when I remembered Hailey holding Kenzie and how them and Grayson were arriving home today, yesterday I spent with Louis and Parker binge watching Ginny and Georgia all day as it was surprisingly quiet.

Jeremiah had told me last night how there was a ball tonight we had to attend to but Hailey was coming home today I argued. But he only said they deserve to have one night alone with the baby and if we don't attend it's practically commencing war between us and the other Mafia groups as many were coming tonight including Bella and Mackenzie which I was a bit nervous as they joined back with the French Mafia.

"Good Morning" I heard from across my room to which I turned to see Jeremiah like usual in his suit. "Morning" I said getting out of bed and walking to him. Jeremiah smiled planting a small kiss on my lips.

"What time is the ball?" I said breaking away from the kiss. "It starts at 8" he replied holding me close. "Do you like your dress you picked out" he added. "You really didn't have to buy all them dresses, I would have gone with any" I said. "Show me the dress" Jeremiah said ignoring my previous statement.

"Not until this evening" I said smirking at him. "Fine. Are you coming down for breakfast? Parker is practically dying to see you" he said sounding irritated which I laughed to. "I'll be down now" I said hugging him before he left.

I picked out a loose T-shirt and sweatpants as we wouldn't be leaving until this evening and headed downstairs to see Louis and Parker shouting my name repeatedly.

"What!?" I said finally reaching the living room to see the view of them both sat with breakfast and had Ginny and Georgia pulled up and ready to watch. "Quick were watching Ginny and Georgia!" Parker said while Louis got up and headed to the kitchen with me.

I entered the kitchen laughing while pouring myself some cereal, I turned around to see Louis lost in thought. "Louis are you okay?" I said sounding a little concerned, "Yeah I'm fine it's just-" he stopped to which I continued "just?" "Well Colton, Noah and Jeremiah think the french mafia will fight tonight to which I agree but-" "What!?" I interrupted quickly in shock. If Bella and Mackenzie have somehow managed to convince everyone of what's happened, me and definitely Jeremiah will end up dead.

"We can't go to the ball" I said sternly with a loud voice. "It's not an option" Parker said coming into the kitchen as he probably overheard me and Louis. They both seemed to loose the friendliness in their eyes and comfort to replace it with coldness.

"Don't you understand Jeremiah will end up dead!" I shouted to them in anger. "We have guards to make sure that doesn't happen" Louis said. "Exactly! He shouldn't need guards as it's a ball. If it's dangerous we shouldn't go!?" I shouted again to which Colton, Noah, Wesley, Camila, Amy and Harry came down to. "Maeve they'll be fine trust us" Colton said calmly which angered me more.

"Trust you!? You and this mafia kidnapped me." I said poking a finger into his chest "So yeah I should trust you" I added, Camila walked over to me looking worried. "Maeve do you want to go swimming with me and Amy?" She said calmly. "Sure, I'll meet you out there" I said calmly still keeping eye contact to Colton who looked angered.

Camila walked away to which Wesley, Noah, Parker, Louis and Colton stood silent. "Fine I'll go to this ball but trust me when we all end up dead our blood will be on your hands" I said facing Colton and the others. With that I walked away angrily.

I changed into a swim suit and met Amy and Camila outside. "You ready" I said walking further out into the garden. "Where are you going?" Amy shouted. "The waterfall" I said. "I don't think we're allowed over there" Camila said worryingly. "It's fine come on" I said as the girls quickly followed behind.

After swimming we headed back to the house where it wasn't crowded as many were busy working. I headed up to my room to change so I was ready to meet Hailey, Grayson and Kenzie.

Once in my room I closed my door to which I turned to meet Jeremiah. "Feel better now?" He said sounding irritated. "I need to change" I said brushing past him, ignoring his question. "What was that downstairs? You never act like this" he said sounding confused.

"Well maybe I'm sick of having to follow everyone's rules just to end up hurt" I said which I instantly regretted as I saw the flash of sadness in his eyes but only for a second before he covered it up. "You follow the rules or you leave Maeve." Jeremiah said getting closer to me.

"What isn't it 'you follow the rules or you die?'" I said angering him. "Do you want to leave Maeve?" He questioned. "Do you want me to leave?" I said. I don't know what was wrong with me but I was just angry at them all but deep down I knew I was only angry with them because there risking Jeremiah's life but I guess I'm not the best at saying that.

Before me and Jeremiah could finish our conversation we both heard a car pull up to which I knew it was Hailey. "Now can you leave?" I asked wanting to get dressed. Without saying anything else he turned around and left my room.

I felt bad for how I acted to him, how I acted to Colton but I just wanted to protect Jeremiah like he always has done to me.

And I will, at any cost.