XXIII. Domesticity

~Unedited~

| |

Ella woke up that morning feeling a lot better than she had yesterday, the Doctor was back, and she didn't have the nightmare again

Ella woke up that morning feeling a lot better than she had yesterday, the Doctor was back, and she didn't have the nightmare again. The brunette surveyed her blurry bedroom and noticed a mass of colors curled up in the farthest corner of the bed. She blindly reached around in search of her glasses and finally found them buried under a mountain of pillows, the world suddenly got clearer, and she trailed her eyes over to her left. "Wake up, Doc."

The man made a sleepy noise before his eyes slowly opened, "Did I fall asleep in here? Gross. Sorry."

"It's alright," Ella softly laughed and looked away from his prying eyes. "I'm sure you needed the comfort ... both of our dreams have been unpleasant places lately. Although if its going to become a habit maybe we should have separate beds." Ella yawned, sat up and scanned her room before plopping back down. She knew how touch was a confusing thing to him and tried not to analyze it in a psychological way but naturally that's where her mind always went.

"Did you have that nightmare again," he asked confirmation for the flashes of images he saw when he held her hand last night.

"Yeah ... only this time it was my mom and not Hazz." Wow seems like a lifetime ago when I was arguing with that shadow ... I hope it doesn't mean anything.

The bedroom door softly swung open and in walked Rose. "El, could I have some of your fancy coffee? The Tardis is keeping it out of my reach, I think she's still mad about our water pistol fight." She barely acknowledged the two of them as she tried to sort out the blonde nest on her head with a hairbrush.

"That was a fun day if not mildly unbearable," Ella had a soft smile on her face as she remembered when the air conditioning was out, and the Doctor spent hours trying to fix it. Rose and Ella decided to shoot each other with water pistols, causing a huge mess in the Tardis who hasn't entirely forgiven them yet. Ella realized she hadn't answered Rose yet and got up to make a pot for them.

"So, did you two talk?" Rose asked the Doctor as they both left Ella's room, he was about to turn the opposite direction for his own room.

"A bit," the Doctor made it halfway down the corridor when he turned and shouted causing Rose to jump as she was shuffling to the kitchen. "Can you save me a cup before El drinks it all," he could already hear the screeching of the coffee grinder that just appeared one day after Ella lamented that he didn't have one.

"Alright," Rose shouted back before she found the entrance to the kitchen. "Blimey, how often do you drink up the coffee on him?"