48. An Empty Child and a Flirty Pilot

~unedited~

| |

Ella often wonders how she manages to end up in the most ridiculous situations, falling in love with a shadow monster zipped inside a skinsuit, proceeding to do the exact same with an immortal face changer. Traveling through time and space inside a box with a whole universe within, or even right now clinging to her best friend who is dangling from a zeppelin in the middle of the London Blitz. The Doctor had been adamant that he knew what he was doing, and Rose had wandered off and between the two Rose was more likely to find trouble.  Which Ella had correctly deduced as she started slipping and when a particularly loud explosion sounded near them Rose’s hold weakened. The two of them went plummeting back to earth and the air was knocked out of the brunette as a blue tractor beam caught them before they reached the ground.

“The hell,” Ella groaned as Rose was busy shouting at the disembodied voice telling her to shut her cell phone off.

“No, seriously it messes with my instruments,” after a snarky reply from the blonde the two appeared on the inside of a mildly cramped ship. After being thoroughly tossed around Ella was ready for a nap as she immediately went down and the guy who saved them caught her in his arms and set her down on the bunk. Soon after Rose followed and now Jack had two problems on his hands, the first being there were two beautiful women asleep in his bed the second one being they were most likely sent by the Time Agency. Meanwhile the Doctor was elsewhere and fuming, every time he tells his humans not to wander off and they always do it, sometimes he thinks they like being captured. Although he doesn’t believe that’s what happened this time, no alarms were going off in his head, so Ella and Rose were at least safe.

He also had other pressing matters to attend to like how exactly his phone in the Tardis rang when its not even a real phone and the woman who told him not to pick it up seems to be his way to answers. So, he stealthily followed her making sure to keep his distance and he saw yet more reasons why he fell in love with this planet in the first place. She found an empty home and brought in all the street kids for a warm meal while the homeowners were down in their bomb shelter. When he went in, he was met with distrust which wasn’t that unusual for him, he asked his questions and got some answers but nothing that would really help him. What was shocking was the supposed empty child everyone was afraid of, the only one left out in the cold.

Once the empty child appeared everyone had cleared out so naturally the Doctor followed Nancy again as she quietly slunk to a shack in some railway sidings. She startled upon seeing the Doctor smiling at her, “how’d you follow me? People can’t usually follow me if I don’t want them to.”

“I’m good at following me, got the nose for it, it has special powers,” Nancy smiled wryly at him.

“Yeah? Is that why its …”

“What?”

“Nothing!”

“What?!”

“Nothing … Do you your ears have special powers too?”

“What are you trying to say?”

“Goodnight, Mister,” the woman began to walk away.

“Nancy,” his tone made her pause in her escape, “there’s something chasing you and the other kids. Looks like a boy isn’t a boy and it started about a month ago, right? That thing I’m looking for, the thing that fell from the sky that’s when it landed. And you know what I’m talking about don’t you?” she looked apprehensive but soon relented.

“There was a bomb … but it didn’t explode fell the other end of Limehouse Green Station.”

“Take me there,” she started to protest claiming it was guarded and surrounded by barbed wire, but he was determined.