VIII. The Wrong Author

Bold = French

Italics = Thoughts

¤ ¤ ¤

A few days ago Ella had stumbled upon a track while she was looking for the main control room. She decided to start using it in a type of workout since her new job required a shit ton of running.

She had just finished her run, so she left and tried to find her room again, the halls of the Tardis were confusing and winding as always. The Doctor was right though, every room she was looking for just found her after a few turns.

After she had taken a shower in the bathroom that was connected to her closet, she was met with an unfortunate discovery, her monthly visitor decided to show up.

It wasn't that surprising to her though as she felt the debilitating cramps creeping up on her last week. Ella took a chance and checked in a drawer where she assumed the proper feminine products would be stored.

"You are my hero, thank you." Ella quietly mumbled to the telepathic ship, it seemed like the Tardis is a woman of many talents.

"Hey, Doc? Do you happen to have any pain pills?" Ella asked when she found the Doctor tucked away in the library.

She was dumbfounded with the expansive room filled to the brim with books, Ella made a mental note to come back here later.

"Why, what's wrong?" The Doctor had concern written all over his face.

"Nothing, my back just hurts." Ella shrugged and the Doctor led her back to the dreaded Med Bay. With all the injuries she sustains on their adventures, she's been seeing more of this place than she would like.

"Here, try these." The Doctor handed her a couple of white capsules and a bottle of water.

"Wow, that was fast." Ella commented when the pain subsided almost immediately after she swallowed the pills.

"Yeah, future pain pills work quickly." The Doctor informed her as they left the Med Bay and Ella was able to focus on other things besides her back as her stomach growled.

"Are you hungry? Because I am." Ella moved passed the Doctor and walked in a random direction, trusting the Tardis to lead the kitchen to her.

"Why do you feel the need to cook all of the time?" The Doctor leaned back in the chair he claimed at the island in the kitchen.

"Because I've tasted your cooking." Ella simply answered from her spot at the counter where she was cutting up pieces of chicken, intending to make pasta.

"Come on, it wasn't that bad. You said you love pancakes." He grumbled, crossing his arms, Ella laughed slightly because he reminded her of a child having a tantrum.

"You're right, it wasn't terrible. But I could've made them better." Ella smiled at the expression that etched itself on the Doctor's face. "You over mixed the batter."

"Well, how are you supposed to make pancakes? Enlighten me, Giselle." He tried to annoy her by using her full name, but she just accepted that he will call her what he wants.

"You mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately. That way, you don't over mix like you would if you just threw all of the ingredients together." Ella gave the Doctor a pointed look, highlighting where he had gone wrong.

"Then, when you're done mixing you make sure there's still some chunks left, that makes a perfect fluffy pancake ... because you know, science. I thought you would have known that, being the universe's leading authority on science." Ella grinned at the Doctor as he huffed.