XXXI. Chill Night in the Tardis

~unedited~

| |

Later that night Ella quietly knocked on Rose's door and she answered with a soft yawn, "yeah?" The brunette held up the huge bottle she snuck in a while ago and somehow managed to save, in her other hand were a couple of red plastic cups she found in one of the kitchens.

"I have alcohol," Rose gave her a mischievous grin as she moved out of the way and let her inside. "Well, kind of. I got this from that Asteroid Market last month. So, I'm not sure how alien alcohol differs from earth alcohol, but the vendor did say it was outlawed in three galaxies." Ella took a test sip from her cup and shrugged at the not horrible taste, "hmm ... I wonder why."

"So ..." Rose started when they had taken a couple shots of the surprisingly delicious liquor. "What's wrong?"

"Why does there have to be something wrong," Rose gave her a look that told her she already knew. "Okay fine. Well, technically everything is wrong but also ... I kissed the Doctor and I didn't realize how pent up I was until that happened. The last person I was with was Darren and that feels like literal years ago and now I don't know what to do because he's not like that. I don't even think he noticed I kissed him."

"He noticed," Rose assured and thought about it for a second longer. "But you're right he doesn't seem interested in that kind of stuff. I mean, the Ambassador of San Kaloon was very openly flirting with him and he offered a lot more than just pretty words and you remember the Doctor's reaction?"

Ella laughed, "he totally got distracted with the antimatter drive powering his ship."

"Yeah, exactly. I think to help with your problem though ... well, this is probably going to sound horrible, but I think the next time we go Cardiff to fill up on 'gas' you should sneak out and find a stranger to work out your ... uh ... frustration." Rose had a streak of pink crossing her face because it's been awhile since Ella and her had time alone for girl talk. "Are you even sure that's something you wanna focus on?" At the confused look Ella gave her she continued, "I mean with everything that happened recently?"

Ella still hadn't told her what went down on Pollyanna 5 and what caused her to isolate herself for so long. "That stuff with the shadow," at Rose's nod Ella stalled for time by taking a long pull from her cup.

"Are you ever going to tell me about it," Rose quietly wondered. She really didn't want to be pushy, but she's had enough experience with Ella avoiding her problems by drinking and finding a willing partner for the night to distract her. Not that the blonde was judging her for her choice of coping methods, she was just worried because this seemed a lot bigger than Leon not being around. Ella studied her best friend and she came to a decision; she was going to tell Rose. And she did, she found the words and told the person she hasn't known for very long but has quickly carved herself a spot in Ella's heart as one of her favorite people.

After her story, Rose had tears in her eyes and she calmly set her cup down and got up from her bed and made her way to Ella. She dragged her up and immediately her arms were around her and soon the both of them were crying into each other's shoulders. After a few minutes the tears stopped, they pulled back and softly laughed at their crying faces, "see I didn't want to tell you because I knew you were going to make me deal with it eventually."

"It's good you told me. You shouldn't have to deal with this alone, El and if we ever see that shadow again, I'm gonna kill it." Rose promised as she picked up the bottle and offered to refill her empty cup.