XXV. Revelation

~Unedited~

| |

The Doctor watched helplessly as the Dalek moved through the museum and mercilessly dispatched everyone it came across. Van Statten suggested sealing the vault, but he cut that idea down right away, “Ella and Rose are still down there. I won’t let that happen, got that? you’re not trapping them with it.” He pointed out an area of the map that Van Statten’s Chief of Staff, Diana Goddard, pulled up on a nearby computer. “What’s that?”

“Weapons testing,” Diana provided. He told her to put weapons in everyone’s hands, the technicians, the lawyers and the scientists, only then they would have a chance against the Dalek. Van Statten was having a hard time accepting that all a Dalek needs is to kill everyone it comes across.

“It honestly believes they should die. Human beings are different and anything different is wrong. It’s the ultimate in racial cleansing and you, Van Statten, you’ve let it loose!” the Doctor tried to give the soldiers on the lower floors advice on fighting the Dalek, but they refused to listen to him. They didn’t concentrate their fire; the creature allowed the Doctor to see what he was going to do by not taking out the cameras. Predictably, it slaughtered everyone in the room while the three in Van Statten’s office could do nothing but watch.

The Doctor and Van Statten began thinking of a plan that might work. “Sir,” Diana interrupted their mild argument over who was the smartest. The screen in the office had flickered back to life, “I shall speak only to the Doctooor.”

The Doctor slowly stood up from his hunched over position in front of Van Statten’s computer, “you’re gonna get rusty.”

“I fed off the DNA of Ella Dupooont. Extrapolating the biomass of a time traveler regenerated meee. I have been searching for the Daleks.”

The Doctor moved toward the screen, “yeah, I saw. Downloading the internet, what did you find?”

“I scanned your satellites and radio telescopes.”

“And?”

“Nothing, where shall I get my orders nooow?”

“You’re just a soldier without commands.”

“Then I shall follow the Primary Order, the Dalek instinct to destroooy, to conqueeer.”

“What for? What’s the point of you? Don’t you see it’s all gone? Everything you were, everything you stood for … all right, then. If you want orders, follow this one. Destroy yourself.”

“The Daleks must surviiive!”

“The Daleks have failed!” The Doctor slowly approached the screen, anger seeping into his words. “Why don’t you finish the job and make the Daleks extinct. Rid the universe of your filth. Why don’t you just die!” his voice rose as each word left his mouth until he was shouting.

“You would make a good Dalek,” the Doctor’s breath hitched in his throat, visibly disturbed at the Dalek’s words. The screen went blank as the human’s eyes shot over to the Doctor in surprise.

“Seal the Vault.” The two geniuses quickly began working, leeching power off the ground defenses and feeding it to the bulkheads.

“God, it’s been years since I had to work this fast.” Van Statten muttered from his spot across the Doctor. It seemed as if the man was enjoying himself but the Doctor didn’t have time to comment.

“Doctor, they’re still down there.” He quickly borrowed a headset and dialed Rose’s phone number, telling her they were sealing the bulkheads and they had to get up to level forty fix before they closed and trapped them with the Dalek.