Dating Mae Borowski x Reader Hcs

Everyone has their gripes on life. A majority of the time, it really isn't fair. It's crazy, confusing, and it gets overwhelming. Sometimes it just feels like one big jumbled fuck fest of anxieties and everlasting negativity. Sometimes it's more prominent, everyone's got their shit. All of us have different shit to deal with. A lot of us have had similar experiences. Everyone has had experiences that no one else could ever had. Life is strange like that, it's scary. It's stupid. Life is stupid. But, it's not all bad. That's the mentality Mae has. She's not exactly an optimist. She's passive aggressive, tired of life a good chunk of the time. She disassociates, she bottles, she doesn't have the most healthy coping mechanisms. Fuck that biz, why not just lay around like the total trash mammal she is? Well, that's the thing. You are a pivotal factor in her life. When she's with you, she's by all means still herself. She's still laid back, pessimistic, and doesn't fall in line with the rules. But the difference is she's more willing to open up to you. More willing to express herself, her emotions. When she disassociates, sees nothing but shapes, you're always there to help if and when you can. It can be quite hard to pull her out of that funk at times, but you still manage it.

On the topic of "pulling out of the funk", regardless of how cynical she may get, she will still try and help you to find joy. Help you focus on the good, or if there is a lack of it; help you make good. Make good memories, vibe out. She's not the best at getting all positive and sappy, but she will still be here no matter what. Typically, she'll take you out to the town if you're in a funk. She's a bit of a little shit to some of the townsfolk; but she tries to use that side of herself to keep you entertained. Make you laugh as well hopefully. She'll listen to you, she'll do her best to keep you calm. You'll have to do the same at times. She is still a bit of a hot head; but a kiss on the cheek may at least slow her down.

Ohh boy you need to keep this girl out of trouble. Whenever her and Gregg get together for a hang out, it's crime time baby! Gregg is a very energetic and highly rebellious guy, but he does have a good heart! He gets along very well with you, and is always happy to have you tag along with him and Mae on their ventures. Besides, you two were dating! Who would he be to deny you as a tag along? Problem is due to the activities the two decide to partake in, there can be draw backs. May it be the two getting into a scuffle with some jackass drunks, or shenanigans involving hunting for ghosts or invading cult meetings (like that would ever happen). It can get a bit serious and overwhelming at times. Whenever something goes south, Mae does what she can to get you out of there immediately. If she sees you're scared, uncomfortable, or generally not having a good time, she'll console you about it. Communication is a key thing in a relationship, and she will take whatever you have to say very seriously. She's still one reckless fuck, but she'll tone it down with you if need be.

Dates between you two are much more low bar, typically walks around the town as stated before, a movie, maybe a walk through the woods. Oh how she loves to walk through the woods with you. Usually she'll end up walking on the wire, but she won't press you to join her. If you prefer to stay on the ground, you'll have to yell talk in order to keep conversation. If you wire walk with her, she'll gently hold your waist and make sure you go steadily. If you reach a nice spot to bunker down after a while of wandering, she'll lay her head in your lap and just keep up casual conversation. Just lazy words, can be about anything. Any time with you is utter bliss, even when she feels shitty a majority of the time. You bring out a sense of content in her.

Overall, dating Mae wouldn't exactly be a picnic. Some of her behavior can get a bit frustrating and even kinda saddening at points. But the thing is, Mae has a lot on her plate. It's easy to understand that, you can't get mad at her. Everyone has their story to tell, their own problems, their own reasons for acting certain ways. She knows she can be difficult, she knows she can be a handful. But she's your handful, and she still wants to bring you as much joy as you genuinely bring her.