Raine Whispers x Reader: Comfort Scenario

Wiping their thumb over your cheek, Raine wipes away the excess dirt from your cheek. Your back laying against the stone brick column you two were residing under. After a recent run-in with some unwanted company, your clothes were stained with grass blood, and dirt. Quivering, Raine cups your cheeks within their palms. They need to repeat that same thumb motion as a tear rolls down your cheek.

"You're safe now. There's no need to cry."

Raine attempts to assure you. Though it falls under deaf ears, more so ringing ears. Your head was pounding.

"No."

As they lean in to press their head against yours, you suddenly grab their arms. Not hard, but it was sudden enough to startle them.

"No Raine! I-I have every reason to!"

As a parallel, you end up grasping at their face as well, your fingers quivering as they caress your lover's cheeks. You look them dead in the eye as your tears burn at your aching cheeks.

"I'm scared. I'm scared Raine."

Your voice sounds so dry, your head hanging low. They sit there in silence for a few moments, bringing their hands up to you yours. The quivering stops as they pin your fingers against their cheeks. Keeping them there.

"... Y/N, you have no reason to worry."

Sliding your hand to their lips, they place a sweet little kiss on your palm. Releasing your hands afterward, their arms envelope around your shoulders, a hand laying against your scalp. They caress it, leaving circular motions along your scalp. Your arms weakly hug around their waist as you bury your face into their chest, letting the salt of your tears stain their shirt.

"..."

By now, the attackers were long gone. But Raine was still going to persued no matter what you did. Just the thought of it made you tremble. You clutch tighter, your grip only loosening when you feel their lips press against the top of your head. Followed by a rumbling sensation.

They were humming to you. Kind of unusual, since their musicality was from their skills as a violinist. Even then, their music was usually for casting bard spells. But here they were, humming and singing to you.

You couldn't even make out the words. You were so immersed that you went drowsy over it. Here you were, going from the middle of a panic attack, to feeling like nothing in the world could hurt you, or them. Though in the pit of your stomach, you knew you were still in danger with who was after the both of you.

But for now, things were ok.