Dating Bea Santello x Reader Hcs

TW: mentions of smoking, grief, death, real life problems/anxieties

She's not exactly what you'd call a peach of a person. Not to say she's a bad person, oh no not at all. It's more in terms of demeanor, how she presents herself. She's typically soft spoken, kind of gravelly due to how low she tends to speak. She's not high energy, she's not expressive, she's got a bit of a smoking problem, and she's not exactly an optimist. But, she's a genuinely altruistic person; and is perfectly capable of showing you affection. Sure, she may express her her exhaustion over her current job placement, and desire for a higher education; but not to say she's selfish. She doesn't just complain, and the things she does lightly vent about are completely understandable. Do not worry, that will not always be the topic of conversation. When she's with you, it's typically on a lighter note unless the time calls for more serious interchanging. Communication in a relationship is a key factor to keeping it alive. She'll talk to you, you talk to her. Even about simple, insignificant things. Serious things, problems, troubles, doesn't matter. No matter what it is, positive, or negative; you can talk about it to her. She may be a bit hard to read due to how emotionless she usually looks; but she'll prove to you that she's listening by always knowing what to say. Usually when you two are chatting, or opening up to one another about your day or even things from the past; she'll hold your hands, rather tight mind you. She hardly ever manages a smile, but when your fingers intertwine with hers, she does burn at the cheeks. At times, you'll even catch that rarity of a smile. So basically, she'd have great communication, and would genuinely console you if you needed.

Speaking of which, she's got a lot of stress in her life. Her job, her desire for a higher education, a better job. Possum Springs is nice and all, but a job at the Ol' Pickaxe isn't really a picnic. Whenever she's out of work, Mae aside, she spends her time with you. Either her place, your place, a day walking around time, maybe walk into the woods. Maybe, if she needs to let it out (or if you both do) she'll take you to the cemetery. That's where her mother is buried. Grief is a very straining thing, it follows you even long after. In fact for a lot of people, the affects of grief never go away. She understands that first hand, and at times it can really get to her. But at the same time, if you feel uncomfortable, if you can't even set foot in a cemetery for your own reasons, that's ok. She would never take you somewhere that could bring up bad memories, discomfort, or negatively affect you and your emotions. It's a heavy topic, and she wants to make sure you're ok.

If that's the case, she'll normally take you out to get a bite, a pretzel perhaps, maybe even something from the snack falcon. Just sitting down and enjoying some low-key time with you helps to remind her that sometimes, it's just good to enjoy the small things in life. Treasure what you've had, what good memories you've treasures. It's comforting to her. Perhaps she'll even take you outside instead of just sitting on the inside, pulling you up the hill. Sitting you down and giving you a good look at the sunset. Watching as the vibrant colors of the sky fade in, replaced with a midnight blue and the twinkle of the stars. A puff of smoke from her cigarette disappearing with the wind. No words even need to be said. She'll hug her arm around your shoulder, keeping you pulled in beside her. It's one of her favorite things to do with you.

She's not much of a PDA person, but she will use nicknames. Something a bit more vague, but gets the idea across that you two are together. Simple little things; like babe, pumpkin, donut, her missing puzzle piece. The food related nicknames tend to come up when you're out to eat. Tends to fit the theme of wherever you're eating. Babe is a defeat nickname, while missing puzzle piece is a simplistic way of saying you complete her. She may not be too fond of getting your smooch on in public, but she will do simple things. Placing her hand on yours, leaning her head on your shoulder as she takes a puff of her cigarette, things along those lines. She doesn't want to just completely shun you, or make it seem that way. She does indeed want to make it clear that she's yours, and you are hers; but she finds it more special to save the more romantic gestures and sentiments for when you two are alone.

She's even more laid back around you, and that's saying a lot. She's not really a hot headed person; she's very patient with a bit of cynicism to her. But somehow, she manages to be even more relaxed around you. Not to say she's never stressed; she's stressed quite a bit, but you do calm her anxieties. She will do her best to do the same for you. She's not really a singer, but if need be she will try for you. She'll keep your head pressed up against her chest (in a wholesome way of course), letting you listen to her heart beat. She's rock you back and forth, doing her best to sooth you. You are not alone, and she will make sure you know that. No matter what life may throw at you both, she's here through the long run.