Moon x Reader: Scared Of The Storm Oneshot

As a fazbear employee, there were often times when you needed to scramble to get up bright and early in the morning. Only to end up pulling an all-nighter after a full day of work managing security work. It was an exhausting job, and it left you drowsy. It was a bit unfair, considering how vigilant you had to be during night shifts.

But on the bright side of things, the animatronics weren't too difficult to manage in the daytime. At most: you keep Chica out of the trash, make sure Freddy remembers to recharge, listen to Roxy's self-absorbed rants, and keep Monty from having any severe tantrums. That, and the occasional parts and service management.

Even Sun was only a mild hinder in your day. Not one that you minded, but he was very energetic. With how many hours you tended to work in a span of five days, he got to be a tad too much at times. But like all the kids, he'd tend to you in the best ways he could while you're down at the daycare. By best ways he could, I mean juicing you up on Fizzy Fazz to keep your energy going.

As an animatronic, he doesn't seem to fathom what a sugar crash is, but he's doing his best.

But even with the exhausting hours... it was manageable. For the most part, the employees and animatronics outside of Vanessa and Monty seemed to understand your occasional fatigue. But by far the biggest drawback has to be...

...Ironically Moon.

Moon isn't exactly a stickler for letting you rest easy after he starts having glitch-outs. For an animatronic whose main purpose was to help kids rest easy... he doesn't give you much of a break.

It's a mix of his shenanigans... and rainy nights. Not the soft tap of rain on the roof kinds of nights. The violent drops of water mixed with the booms and flashes of white light to accompany them. Thunderstorms. It was even worse during the night shift for you.

Not only that really, but heights also got you badly. You've had to face them a few times, and it's always gotten you on the brink of an anxiety attack. Especially at Monty golf. You were so high up a lot of the time. You had to take every fiber of your being not to glance down even for a moment. It was agonizing, and Monty never bothered enough to help.

Moon found all this out well... the hard way.

Despite how much of an asshole Moon could be... he wasn't evil. For the most part. He still had that tenderness to him no one could match. Not even Sun. While on the night shift, there was a major thunderstorm going on. Sun did his best to console you while he had the time, but things changed once the power went out.You were consumed by darkness, hardly able to even make out your surroundings. You were so close to a panic attack already, shuffling around desperately trying to find your flashlight.

You were so occupied with that, that you didn't hear as the Sun set, and the Moon arose.Once your fingers landed on your flashlight, you tugged it close to you. Trying to ease your breathing before you clicked it on. When it comes on, pointed upward. You see nothing but Moon's head, as he is strung up above you. You slowly look up to meet him face to face. If he moved down anymore you'd both almost be in a spiderman kiss-like situation.

You gulp, body still quaking as the animatronic giggles at you, sounding as devious as ever. The pom of his hat falls down to tickle at your nose, then you're encased by his mechanical arms. Your eyes widen as he tugs at you, pulling you into him as the cable clamped around his back reels him up.

You can't help but to cry out, desperately clinging to him. Your eyes dot down to the ground, which was becoming harder and harder to see, even with the accompaniment of your flashlight.

"M- Moon! Moon down ple- please!"

Your voice shaky, your tone anguished. The animatronic merely tilted his head a good 90 degrees, his chuckles never ceasing.

"What's wrong there little mouse? Scared of the dark are we?"

He laughs again, his grip on you tightening. At least you were secure... but it didn't stop you from being utterly terrified.

"M- Moon no, heights, he- heights!"

You cried to him, your body shivering almost violently. Tears streaming down your face with your breath hitching. Moon started to take actual notice to it. His smile didn't falter (as it was set in place), but his eyes seemed to dim. He tilts his head back into place.

"P- Please just pu- put my down!"

You grip at the frills on his neck, looking him dead in the eye. Almost causing you to drop your flashlight. He complies and reels himself back down. Instead of on the ground, he lands on one of the pillow seats the kids would use for storytime.

He releases his grip on you, letting you rest down on the pillow seat. You grasp at it tight, letting the tears flow out as needed. Hardly able to catch your breath, Moon stays hovered above you. Did he... really cause you that much distress? He always loved messing with you, but not to this degree.

He got lost in his thoughts before a loud crack of thunder and lightning interrupted them. His attention shoots back down to you let out a strained wail, your face burying into the seat. Moon finally realized what was going on... you were on the brink of a breakdown, and he sealed it.

From an outside view, all that seemed to happen was he stared at you with his unblinking eyes. Expression was unable to shift before he reels himself away. You lift your head away from the tear-stained pillow, running your hand over your face. You do your best to catch your breath before another crack of thunder interrupts you.

You cry out again, clutching the seat as if your life depended on it. Not even caring anymore about how you looked, you sobbed louder. You just wanted to go home. To sleep, for this all to be over. But you were stuck here. Power gone. Moon has gone who knows where. For all you could guess, he could be scheming to do something else to you.

After what had just happened, your mind was racing. Making you more and more panicked, until you felt a tap on your shoulder. You lifted your head to be met with a Moon plush. Its limbs were dangly, and its head had fallen to the side. You stare at it confused until the hands holding it pinches its arm, making it wave.

You furrow your brows, your hands moving out to grasp the side of the plush. It's weirdly soft, your clutch tightening at its side. You gently push it to the side for a moment, revealing Moon's head. He was still on his cord, so he was upside down just as before.

"Is this your form of apologizing..?"

He stays silent, his red eyes darting from place to place almost frantically. He pushes the plush close to you, pressing it against your chest. He hesitates for a moment before gently clanking his face against your own.

Your cheeks can't help but fluster as he pulls away from you. He starts to shift before your arms hug around his neck. He freezes, merely spinning his face plate so that he's eye to eye with you. You take the chance to gently press a kiss on his teeth, making the poor guy go haywire for a moment.

He grasps your shoulders and pushes you away gingerly.

"Naughty star naughty star!"

He grumbles, his head shifting to the side. You cock a brow at him, grasping the side of his face to cease his head spinning.

"Oh, I think you owe me one after what you just did."

You sniff, wiping away a few tears that were pricking at your eyes. You jolt as another flash of lightning and crash of thunder comes down. You grip him tighter.

"Please. Just come down."

You lightly begged, the animatronic's arms coming back down to hold you. Instead of hoisting you as he had done prior, his lower body slowly descended back to the ground. You rolled into his torso as the cord unclipped from his back. Moon rests the tip of his chin against your shoulder, while you do the same with him. He lifts a hand and stays there frozen for a moment before caressing your back.

You calm down noticeably, your breathing less raspy and jagged. Your grip on him is tight, yet content. He could tell this was already helping... but he wasn't going to leave you alone until the storm passed. Vanessa could handle everything for the time being.

He shifts for a moment, feeling around for something. There was a cubby beside the pillow seat, so he reached in. Pulling out a pair of soft ear muffs.

"Move your head now, starlight."

His voice was raspy as ever, but it was much more calm than usual. You lifted your head off his shoulder, allowing him to place the earmuffs over your head. He keeps them open, so they're not padding your ears just yet.

"You need to get some sleep tonight."

Before you could say a word, he brought a finger to your lips. Making sure they weren't too tight, he secured the muffs over your ears. His hands returned to your waist and back, his own resting against the side of the pillow seat. He rests on his side, your own resting beside him. You held him close, the plush he had placed on you sandwiched between both your torsos.

The muffs successfully blocked out most of the noise, and from what you could hear it was majorly muffled. You were still anxious, but you were also tired. You felt a bit safer, so your eyes soon fluttered shut. The whirrs of the animatronics body provided a very faint vibration to wrack through you.

"Sleep now."

He repeats, a hand now running up your scalp. Making sure to be careful, not wanting to shift the muffs. You barely nod, your breathing beginning to slow. Moon had a gift it seemed. He could be simultaneously the biggest nuisance of the entire pizzaplex... and the most caring boyfriend whenever his time came.