The Power to do the Unthinkable Ch.29

⚠️-cursing, my prette face and 2am face reveal I'll probably regret the second I don't get ten marriage proposals lmao

"I-uh...thank you?"

"No problem, 'sides it was better than tripping and just falling on you." You say as you smooth your skirt down and readjust your sleeves.

"Oh, well, I'm Shinso." He mumbled while holding his hand out.

You were spinning around in circles looking for something as you ignored his gesture, "L/n- hey, did you see a golden hairpin? It's kinda big, but I can't...find it..."

"Oh uhm no, I haven't. I'll help you look, though..." He said softly before looking around.

"L/n-san..." a voice said as they put a hand on your shoulder.

"Oh uh hey...uh...you? Oh right, Todoroki." You'd say with an unsure tone at first until you snapped your fingers in recognition.

"Are you okay? And is this yours?" He said bluntly while holding the very hairpin you were looking for.

"I'm fine- and yeah, thanks." You reply, putting it back in your hair. You ask him in return, "Are you okay? Didn't see you in the crowd."

He just nodded and scratched the back of his head. Todoroki looked like he wanted to say something more, but a sudden squeal and weight on your back stopped that altogether.

"L/n-Chan! Can you believe all that commotion was because the press broke in?!" Mina laughed out while holding onto your shoulders.

"I don't...really care...." You say slowly as you put Mina in a more comfortable carrying position on your back.

"Boo, you're no fun! Anyways where were you in the crowd?" Mina asked while playing with your hair.

"Oh, I was on top of-" You turned to look at where you thought Shinso was, but he already left.

"On top of what?"

"Eh, no one. We should get back to class, let go." You say nonchalantly as you walked away, still carrying Mina.

"Hey, L/n-Chan!"

"L/n-Bro!"

"Hey, you guys."

Todoroki watched you leave with a group of (brightly colored) people, all chatting with you happily. And awfully close...

It felt like a hot goop was boiling at the pits of his stomach; as the burning feeling spread, he huffed and looked down to the side.

Why can't he just talk to you more? At least more than trying to beat you up and asking if you're okay...

.
-•-
.

"Go on, class pres." You say to Midoriya while chewing some gum and playing mobile games up in front of the class.

"Oh I-I uh...we need to figure out who the other class officers will be. But first, there's something I wanna say. I've thought a lot about this and I think that Tenya Iida should be class rep!" Midoriya says, shaking like a stray dog at every word.