Missing in Action ~ Ch.39

After a satisfying lunch, you notice you have some time left before the next event started. Waving bye to your friends, reassuring them you would be back momentarily, you run off to find your family and Shindo. Going through halls and halls, at last, you found the special seating box you had arranged for them.

"Hi everyone." Your voice cut through the exciting murmurs in the small area. The five of them turn around and suddenly plaster giant grins on their faces, "Y/n!"

Suddenly being engulfed in a group hug you smile softly and pat their backs, "I just wanted to see how you were all doing..."

"We're doing great! It's been fun to cheer you on all this time, Y/n-chan!" Shindo beamed while his hand lingered on your shoulder.

You passed some time hanging around them and eating some pieces of crackers and cheese from a store-bought charcuterie board. Laughing with your family and friends, and along with Yin's new boyfriend who was pleasant to be around— you pause upon hearing the announcement.

"GET THOSE FOAM FINGERS IN THE AIR! IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR THE LAST ROUND!"

Standing up you wave goodbye as you leave, just as you passed through the door a hand grabbed yours suddenly. Turning around to see Shindo smiling at you once again with an adoring warmth in his eyes,

"Take care of yourself. I know you can push yourself a bit too hard. You got this, Y/n."

You blink as you processed his kind words, smiling warmly at him you nod and gently take your hand back. Wordlessly walking away he stood there for a moment longer watching your form disappear into the halls.

.
-•-
.

"What's going on...?"

Standing in front of your female classmates in confusion upon seeing them decked out in cheerleading outfits you wonder,

'Did they leave me out or...?'

"Y/n! It's horrible! Kaminari and Mineta tricked us!" Momo cried shifting uncomfortably in embarrassment.

Jiro continued, "Yeah! We so want out of these stupid things..."

The rest of the girls nodded while Toru did little dances in her uniform.

Laughing a bit you use your powers to make a veil of water for them, "Okay it's okay now. Let's go get you guys back to the locker rooms before the final games starts."

They all laughed and giggled, "Thank Y/n-San!!"

Waiting for the girls to finish up while leaning beside the door, you yawn and think about the upcoming battles. Hearing squeaks of wheels, you quickly turn your head to see a man with a serving cart.

Staring him down he looks up to meet your eyes, a mask covered half his face along with shaggy black spikey hair.

'God... those eyebags...'

He slowed down and looked at you for a moment, a tense silence filled the hallway.

"Want some water?" His raspy voice matched his exterior perfectly.