dancing in the moonlight 🥛

Plot summary: A ball at the Hargreeves mansion is coming up, but Y/N can't dance ballroom to save her life. The person she least expected to teach her appears at her door.

"Damn it! I suck at this!" Y/N groaned in frustration and angrily plopped down on her bed as the music from her stereo continued to play. She was so fed up with herself for messing up simple ballroom steps.

"Klaus is so much better at this, and that's Klaus for Pete's sake!" she huffed, cupping her face with her hands.

"Whatever, I give up." Y/N decided, disappointment evident on her features. Sighing, she stood up and lazily walked over to the stereo when a knock interrupted her thoughts.

Her eyebrows met in puzzlement as her hand grabbed the doorknob.

"So the music's coming from here, huh?" Five remarked with his gaze fixed on Y/N's speakers. Y/N shrugged.

"Yeah, so what?" she said sassily. The boy in front of her was taken aback, but positively amused at her tone.

"Well, someone sh*t their pants today." he remarked, earning an eyeroll from Y/N. He continued to study her body language. Y/N didn't respond, but narrowed her eyes at him.

"Well, do you mind turning the music down? I'm in the middle of solving a very important equation." Five said matter-of-factly, shoving his hands in his pockets. He let his eyes wander around Y/N's room as he rocked on the balls of his feet.

Y/N scoffed. "Yeah, you and your equations." Five raised an eyebrow. "I was going to shut it off anyway, so you may leave now." the girl added.

As she turned around to turn the music off, Five knocked once more. Y/N shut her eyes in annoyance and faced him again. "What?"

"Why were you playing 'Fly Me to the Moon' by the way? That isn't your usual taste." he suddenly pondered out loud. Y/N wasn't expecting that. "What do you mean usual taste?"

The schoolboy paused as he thought about it for a moment. "I've noticed you're into bands and all, am I correct?" Y/N was surprised he actually took note of her music preferences, and for some bizarre reason, it made her heart do a little backflip.

Y/N's lips curved upwards a bit. "So, you listen to my music, huh?"

Five cleared his throat and fixed his jacket, putting his stoic face back on. "Why are you playing 'Fly Me to the Moon'?"

"Well... um..." she trailed off, rubbingthe back of her neck awkwardly. Five merely looked at her, urging her to continue.

Sighing in defeat, she explained. "You know that ball coming up in three days?" she asked, to which Five nodded.

"Yeah well, Allison only notified me last night about it. She knows I can't dance to save my life yet she expects me to participate in that stupid ball she and Klaus organized."

Y/N turned her stereo off and sat down on her bed, staring at the floor.

"May I come in?" he inquired, and Y/N gave him a small nod. Five proceeded inside her room with caution, making his way towards her on the bed.

He simply stood there beside her, and as if she read his mind, Y/N gave him permission to sit down.

"You can't dance ballroom to save your life, huh?" Five inquired, a smile tugging at his lips. Y/N scoffed - she knew he was gonna mock her everyday for this.

"Please spare me the bullsh*t, Five. This is serious. There's gonna be guests and all, and then they'll see me dancing like some sort of penguin - ugh, it's gonna be so embarrassing." she buried her face in her hands at the thought of making a fool out of herself in front of every esteemed guest.