lips are moving 🥛

This is based on a tiktok pov I've also watched*

Plot summary: Y/N horses around with a song and gets an unexpected response.

Five was engrossed in his calculations. He'd already spent the entirety of his day writing on his bedroom walls using some leftover chalk from his father's study.

If there was one thing that pissed him off, it was when his train of thought was disturbed by some trivial matters from his incompetent siblings.

In fact, the only people he'd allow to enter his room were Vanya and, just recently, Y/N.

Something about Y/N made him break down his walls bit by bit. He guessed it was the way her energy somehow lit up the whole room. Y/N just seemed so natural and unfiltered, and it wad impossible for Five not to be drawn in.

Speaking of which, Y/N decided to pay him a little visit.

"Hey there, Einstein." she greeted, and Five didn't need to turn around to see who it was. "I'm busy, Y/N."

Y/N raised an eyebrow at his tone. "Rude. I came up here to check on you, ya know."

"Well, no one asked you to."

If Y/N was naturally pleasant, he was innately sarcastic and annoying. Surprisingly, Y/N always put up with his sh*t, and Five silently thanked the universe for finding someone who can.

Y/N responded with a scoff. One thing she learned from living under the same roof as the Hargreeves was that she'd have to embrace every aspect of their personality.

Just like they did with her.

It stayed silent for a bit, and though Five enjoyed the peace and quiet, he got a bit worried that he had finally drawn the last straw with Y/N's patience.

Luckily for him, she didn't seem fazed, but in deep thought.

"You all right?" he asked, breaking the awkward tension. Y/N snapped out of her thoughts and her lips tugged upwards at his question.

"Why do you do that?" she asked in curiosity. Five's eyebrows met in confusion, so he turned his attention back to his computations.

"Do what?"

"You know, be mean to me one second then withdraw." she continued, her hands behind her back as she made her way towards him. Five rolled his eyes, proceeding to write more mathematical symbols.

"I can't help thinking that you secretly like me." The boy didn't speak for a while - the only sound in the room was the chalk scraping the wall.

"You're imagining things." was Five's only response, attempting to finish his equation.

Y/N raised an eyebrow in amusement. A lightbulb ticked in her head.

"You should try it in Five, that old-timer wouldn't get it. I declare!" Klaus suggested as he raised his beer bottle up.

"Yeah, no way.

"I know you're lying, 'cause your lips are moving." she stated in a sing-song manner, putting Five to a halt.

"Tell me do you think I'm dumb?" she continued with her hands on her hips. The boy swivelled around to look at her. "Pretty much, I guess."

"I might be young, but I ain't stupid." Y/N teased, making little dances towards him as Five simply watched her.
"Talking around in circles with your tongue." Y/N sang once more as she twirled around with a grin on her face.

Five opened his mouth to retort, but got lost midway. She looked ethereal in that very moment, and he didn't want her to stop looking and feeling that way.

She proceeded to sing the rest of the lyrics, but Five blocked them all out as he admired how carefree and adorable she was being.

By then, he knew his guard was down.

"All right, fine." he answered, a sigh of defeay following soon after.

Well, that shut Y/N up. She put her arms down and stared at him dumbfounded. " 'All right, fine' what?" she reiterated. Five pursed his lips together and let his eyes wander around, growing self-conscious by the second.

He dropped the chalk, wiped his hands on his shorts before slowly walking towards her with a twinkle in his eye and his hands behind his back.

As he stood in front of Y/N (who looked as shocked as ever), Five pushed all the mathematical equations and symbols that filled his mind for the whole day to the back of his head. Thoughts of Y/N began to consume him, and he wouldn't have it any other way.

Five gently took her hands in his own, placing them on his shoulders as his hands slid down her waist. All the while, Y/N stood there like a mannequin, not believing how he was acting towards her.

But she wasn't complaining either.

"Five?" she breathed out, her expression a mixture of confusion, hope and longing. Five rested his forehead on hers, and they both shut their eyes at the proximity and intimacy of the moment.

"You're right." he whispered with a smile. Y/N could feel herself turning red as she leaned closer to him. "I was lying."

Y/N gasped at his words, and for a split second, it left Five worried that he had gone too far. But the growing shade of red on her cheeks was enough encouragement and assurance for him that the feeling was mutual.

He found himself smiling at her cuteness.

"I... I don't know what to say." Y/N admitted, her heart beating faster than ever.

If it was even possible, Five closed the distance between them so that technically, no gap could be found between their bodies. Y/N unconsciously traced circles on the back of Five's head, making the latter sigh at the sensation.

"You don't have to say anything..." he trailed off. "You just have to feel."

Y/N was still in awe of what she was hearing, noticeably surprised at this side Five was showing her. Her heart warmed at his words and a breath of relief flooded her features at the realization that her admiration for him wasn't one-sided after all.

"Yeah, I'll do that."