mind games ☕🔥

Plot summary: Being caught in an awkward position with Klaus reveals Five's repressed soft side while unleashing an unknown side of Y/N.

"Klaus! What the hell are you doing?" Y/N shrieked as she walked past Five's room. She discovered him rummaging through his closets as if he was looking for something.

Y/N watched as in disbelief as Five's school uniforms had been scattered around the room like a hurricane had just hit the academy.

The boy was gonna be pissed.

"Oh, hey Y/N!" Klaus greeted, obviously high and drunk again. "Oh, you know, just looking for some spare change my brother might have to fulfill my cravings."

"I thought you stopped doing drugs?!" Y/N inquired in a reprimanding way.

Klaus shrugged. "Eh, old habits die hard. Plus, I've been seeing Dave around again and it's really not helping me move on." he mumbled.

Y/N looked around, as if expecting that Ben would pop out of nowhere with a disappointed look on his face. Though she couldn't see him, Ben was there with pursed lips, notably disapproving and muttered an "I tried" to himself.

He reverted his attention back to his cash-hunting, when Y/N heard footsteps drawing nearer. "Hey!" Y/N whisper-yelled. Klaus jumped at her, causing him to bump his head on the nearby shelf. "Oww..."

Y/N cringed at his clumsiness. "I think Five's coming back. You better clean that mess up, Klaus!" she ordered, panic evident in her tone. But Klaus was not being helpful at all, caressing his head and muttering only a confused "huh" in response.

Y/N tried using her telekinesis to sort Five's room, but the sound of footsteps were getting louder by the second, and there was just too much of a mess that had been made.

In addition, she hadn't really mastered her powers just yet, which is mainly the reason she is in the Umbrella Academy.

Without thinking, she shoved Klaus into one of the closets along with herself in it. The minute she shut the door, Five walked in. Klaus and Y/N observed as his jaw literally dropped at the sight of his room. He narrowed his eyes at the pile of uniforms on the floor, the blankets sprawled over the bed, and the numerous open cabinets.

"What the hell?" Five breathed out, throwing away the paper cup that once held his morning coffee.

"Sh*t, he's angry-" Klaus remarked but his mouth was clamped shut by Y/N's hand. "Yeah, no sh*t, Sherlock."

Five walked further inside, scanning the room for any traces of the intruder. Klaus and Y/N held their breaths when Five looked in the direction of the closet they were hiding in.

Klaus was saying something, but it came out all muffled because of Y/N's hand. Five squinted his eyes at the closet, but dismissed it later on, proceeding to pick up his uniforms and fold it.

"I swear, if Klaus is behind this, I'm gonna kill him."

Klaus bit Y/N's hand, and she yelped at the sensation. "What?!" she yelled in a whisper.

"I gotta sneeze."

Y/N couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Seriously, Klaus? Didn't you just hear the guy?!"

Klaus nodded with aggression, scratching his nose. "His closet's full of cobwebs, can you blame me- ahhh... ACHOO!"

Both Klaus and Y/N stumbled out of the closet and landed directly at Five's feet, where the latter stared at them with a blank expression on his face.

The duo looked up slowly and gulped in fear, seeing as Five was towering over them and possibly expecting an explanation.

Y/N stood up hastily and brushed the dirt off her clothes, cowering under Five's intimidating gaze. Klaus followed her example, but had a much more relaxed look on his face.