Chapter 7

It was a school tour. These were the times everyone looked forward to. We were going to Manali. We boys were singing and having fun in the back area of the tour bus. Happy was singing 'Kala chashama' song and dancing goofily. Veer, Varun, Sahil and I and some other guys from the class were dancing to his song and jumping and making noises.

Liya, Sonali and a few other fun girls in our class joined us. I knelt down on the isle of the bus and extended my hand out to Liya for a dance playfully. She slid her hand into my hand and we did dance, together, as I twirled her in my hand and tilted her to my hand by her waist.

Veer did raise his eyebrow. But I ignored him. 

Jai was totally acting like a boy. This is why nobody ever suspected her. She was a boy in all sense. Some girls in our class even have a crush on Jai.

"Keep it down, kids." Sachin sir called out from the front of the bus.

"No way, sir... We are having fun," Jai yelled back. Happy, and Varun joined him. "Yes, sir...we can't just sit quietly when we are going on a tour."

"Yes," I joined in too. 

"It's a tour. We are supposed to make lots of noise." I yelled out. Then I realized that without realizing it, I had let my hand on Liya's waist. She was giving me this stare. Ooops... I took my hand away at once. "I am sorry," I told her. Another big factor in pretending to be a guy is that I have to take care of not extensively touching girls. Because well for them, I am a guy. But Liya just smiled at me. I moved a hand through my hair like Veer sometimes does when he is embarrassed. Copying him to perfection. 

Did she just copy me??? Huh, interesting. So this is how she prefects this act.  

"It's fine that you are having fun." Sachin sir said, "But some of us are getting a bit bored. And it's getting late at night and we are all tired. So how about if we play a movie?"

Everybody cheered. I stretched, my hands and leg were paining from a lot of jumping around and dancing. So I turned to my seat beside Veer. He shifted and offered me a window seat. I slid into it.

"I still can't understand why can't we go somewhere more fun?" Happy said from the seat behind us, and got up and turned to him. He was eating from a Cheetos packet. I put my hand to the packet taking one, "Fun like where?"

"Oye... Don't steal my Cheetos. You go buy one for yourself, rich boy, multi-millionaire." Happy said, hugging the Cheetos packet to his chest. I frowned and put my hand to the packet and stole a few more Cheetos from him. I put them to my mouth with a smile. 

Jai was standing up in the seat. Her butt projected forwards. Great position... I kept my eyes away. I watched Ayisha in front of the bus for a while. She was laughing about something. 

"Fun like Goa." Happy said to me.

"Like they will let us go to Goa." I frowned. Thank god it's not Goa. I can't find an excuse not to remove my shirt in Goa.

"Manali is fun," I said to Happy, munching on the Cheetos.

"But it doesn't make sense to go for a tour from Dehradun to Manali. Both are hill stations." Happy said behind me.

I turned to him, "Just remember, last year they took us to Agra." He groaned in agreement. "Manali is at least better than Agra."

"The movie is starting," Dhruv said from the seat in front of us. Jai sat back in his seat. And most people fell silent. "Do we have something to eat?" Jai asked me.