Chapter 12

I sat on the bed biting my fingernails. I had come home, to Veer's home, taken a bath washing off all the traces of make-up from me, and put on the most boyish clothes I had and bound my chest so tight that it hurts now.

I had gone insane. I kissed Veer.

What the hell was I thinking?? How the hell am I supposed to fix this now?

It's not like I can simply go and date Veer. It's not easy as that. Sure I loved him. I love, Veer. I don't deny that now. But I have to live as a guy. For at least a few more months. I can't be in a relationship like that with Veer. We have to live together. In one room.

This is not happening. This is freaking me out. I am officially freaked out. 

"Somebody is in a good mood." Sam didi said to me, as I was humming a song in the kitchen while I took water in the water jug. I gave Sam didi a shy smile.

"So... I am guessing the date went well."

I moved a hand over my hair involuntarily as always. "Yeah," I said. "And guess what?" I asked.

She looked at me as if to say 'continue' with a smile.

I went closer to Sam didi and whispered. "I love her."

Didi looked confused. "As in more than a friend," I explained.

"That's your big secret?" She asked. "Did you figure that out only now?"

"You knew."

"It was written all over your face for days, Veer." She scowled.

Of course.

"Well, I kind of thought I had a crush on this another girl from school and what I feel for Jai is just some kind of lust or something..." I said. "But I guess this is it." I am marked for life. I had never been this sure about anything in my life. I did not feel one bit of doubt. I knew.

"By the way," Sam didi asked. "You are going to sleep in the same room, same bed after tonight?"

I gasped. The thought had slipped my mind. How was I supposed to get any sleep?? I closed my eyes tightly. I could still feel the kiss on my lips and feel the growling desire inside me. I gulped.

"Good luck." Sam didi said moving away. 

I walked into my room and closed the door, and locked it. I locked it every night. But it felt kind of like a big hot move that night. I moved a hand through my hair and looked back.

Jai was sitting on the bed, with her head buried in her knees.

I walked to her. "Hey..." I said.

She looked up. Something felt off. She was not looking good. She looked kind of scared. I sat down beside her, concerned. Did something happen? Did she get a call from home or something??

"What happened?" I asked.

I then noticed how her chest was bound. How she was wearing the grey baggy t-shirt. And had the fake sideburns on. In front of me.

"Let's pretend it never happened." She said. "Forget about it."

"What?" I mumbled. I knew what she might have meant. But I didn't want to accept that. Because she was talking non-sense.

"The kiss." She said. "It never happened. It didn't happen. Okay?" She looked at me. As if expecting me to agree with her. She expects me to agree with her???