Epilogue

I woke up and sat up on the bed and yawned...I looked over to my side. Veer was still sleeping. I got out of the bed and scooped up my clothes including undergarments from the floor and walked to the bathroom, still yawning.

When I walked out of the bathroom, Veer was buckling his jeans. "So you are coming tonight." He said.

We were having this argument since last night.

"No." I frowned.

"Jai..." He called annoyed. He switches between 'Jai' and 'Gauri' at his convenience and in no particular order. He calls me by both names. I am supposed to answer to both 'Gauri' and 'Jai'. I think that is how it is going to be forever.

"No argument... You are coming." He said looking around. "Hey, where is my shirt?"

"How would I know?"

"You took it off from me last night." He reminded me. Hm...Right. Where did we start last night? The house is so big that it's hard to keep track.... "Feel free to search the whole house," I said turning to him. "I have a board meeting to get to," I said. "Love you," I said, reaching up and kissing him. I turned to go.

"Jai, wait..." he took my elbow. I turned to him. "Come tonight." He said.

"No," I said.

"The guys all want to meet you." He said.

"I know..." I said... Even I do kind of want to meet them. Happy, Varun...everyone. It was a reunion meeting tonight. Our whole class is going to be there. And Veer is asking me to go to the reunion. Of whole class???

"Shall I cut my hair?" I asked Veer. "Because if I am going, I am going as a boy. So shall I cut my hair?"

"No. I love your hair." He stepped closer and took a stand of my long hair between his fingers. I frowned.

"Look, Gauri..." He said, "I don't want to force you. I know you are scared and hesitating because you have never seen or talked to them after they found out that you are a girl. And it can be awkward to suddenly appear as a girl in front of them. But the guys do want to see you. They don't care that you are a girl. And I know you do miss them."

I kind of do.

"Can they stay over after the reunion dinner? I can stop later. I am not meeting the whole class. But if it's just the 4 guys, I might...drop by."

"Sure..." Veer smiled.

I thought about it. "Wait...Is Ayisha going to be there?"

"Yeah." He said. I squinted at him.

"You are adorable when you are jealous." He said.

"I am not jealous," I said.

"You totally are," He said, grabbing me by my waist and trying to kiss me. I pushed him off. "I have a board meeting to get to."

"Fine, chairwoman." He said leaving me. I began to walk off, but then I stopped and turned to him and held up my hand in a fist.

"See you later, buddy," I said in my male voice.

"See you later, bro," he said, hitting my fist with his fist. I laughed. We have our inside jokes of male friendship greetings now. And we were still all in for fist bumps. And in some weird does-not-make-sense-at-all sense, we were still brothers. We will always be - Brothers forever. 

(Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed this story. Please leave comments. :)