III. The Triwizard Tournament

...
'The worst things in life come free to us.'
...

     The Hogwarts Express waits as the students abroad the train. "I wish vacation was longer," Nathan says as we pull our luggage down the train station. "All you did was sit at home with Uncle Severus," I tell him. "Exactly. That man has so much knowledge. Did you know--" "That wands made with Applewood do poorly casting dark magic. Yes, I know," I say reading his mind. "I wish they would teach more about dark magic in school. It's such an interesting topic," Nathan beams. "Nathan, great to see you up on your feet!" Alexander says, as he approaches us. He pats Nathan's shoulder. Nathan smiles, nodding. "It's great to see you, Alexander." Crowds of families fill up the station. Through the crowd, I see the Weasleys down the station. "You boys grab us a seat. I'll be right in," I tell them. They nod as I head down towards the Weasleys. 

"Alright, you have everything?.. Ah! Ellie, dear!" Mrs. Weasley brightens as she sees me. I wave hi to all the Weasleys and Harry and Hermione. "Ellie, you have to see Ron's dress robes!" Fred laughs, coming up to me. Ron's face goes red. "I'm not wearing them," Ron says firmly. "Fine. Go naked. Harry, take a picture of him, will you? I sure could use a laugh," Mrs. Weasley says. We all laugh. Ron rolls his eyes. Mrs. Weasley starts hugging us all good-bye. "I'll be seeing you all sooner than you think," Charlie tells us as he hugs Ginny. "Why?" Fred and George ask in unison. The Triwizard Tournament? Right, Uncle Severus mentioned that earlier this summer.. It hasn't happened in years. Wonder why they suddenly decided to bring back the tradition. Charlie smiles at me, assuming I already know. "You'll see," he says. "Just don't let Percy know I mentioned anything. It's classified information." I let out a little laugh. Bill stares wistfully at the train. "Yeah, I wish I was back at Hogwarts this year." "Why?!" The twins as again. "You're going to have an interesting year," Bill says, smiling. 

Just then, the train whistles loudly. "Off you go now. I'd invite you for Christmas, but I assume you'd want to stay at Hogwarts with everything that's going to happen," Mrs. Weasley says. "What? What will be going on? What do you three know that we don't?" Ron asks her. Two other schools will be joining us for the competition. Oh wow, this is going to be a interesting year. "You know, don't you, Ellie?" George asks me. They look at me eagerly waiting for me to tell them what I know. "Oh, stop bothering her. You'll find out this evening, I suppose. Now off you go," Mrs. Weasley says, pushing us onto the train. We wave bye to Mrs. Weasley, Charlie and Bill. The train slowly starts to move. I walk down the train, trying to find Alexander and Nathan. Finn pops out of my pocket and runs down the train hearing their voices. He goes into the last compartment on the right. I follow him in. 

"Ah, there she is," Allison says as I enter. Finn is sitting on Leo's shoulder. "Ellie!" Leo beams as I sit down next to him. Nathan closes the compartment door. "So as we were saying, The Triwizard Tournament is this year," Allison says. "I've read all about it. The Triwizard Tour--" "How about we save the boring facts for the children?" Allison says interrupting Nathan. He rolls his eyes. "Alright then, what do you have to say?" "A lot more interesting things than you ever have," Allison shoots back. "AH, isn't this lovely? We get to enjoy three hours of their fighting," Leo says sarcastically. Finn shakes his head at Nathan and Allison. Allison rolls her eyes, but Nathan laughs a little. "Anything from the trolley?" A witch calls as she rolls down her cart. "Come on, Ellie. Let's go get some sweets," Alexander says as he opens the compartment door. 

I walk out with him. Ron and Harry are by the trolley. Ron smiles at me as he gets his sweets and goes back into his compartment. Harry, however, doesn't look at me. He's watching someone. I watch him to see who he's looking at. Cho Chang, huh? Seems like Harry has a crush. Harry goes back into his compartment, as Cho and her friends leave. "Anything from the trolley, dears?" The witch asks us. "Two Pumpkin pastries, 5 Chocolate Frogs and a Jelly Slug please. What would you like, biscuit?" Alexander asks me. "Just a Liquorice Wand, please," I tell her. Alexander pays for our sweets. "A Liquorice Wand for me as well, please," a voice says from behind me. Alexander and I turn around. Draco smiles at me, his eyes glistening.