XXII. Helpless

I look in the mirror as I mix the hair dye into my vial. Why do I still go the trouble of doing this when everyone knows I'm a Grindelwald? Suddenly, the bathroom door swings open. Lavender freezes staring at my hair which was half platinum blonde and half brown. "I-I-" She says in shock. I sigh as I look back into the mirror. "I- I didn't know someone was in here," she says, stuttering. I pour the hair dye on my hair. "That's why you knock," I say, picking up my wand. I wave my wand above my hair in a circular motion. I see Lavender drop her mouth in shock. I run my hands through my hair and fluff it. Then, I turn back to her. She stares at me. "She has blonde hair oh my god." I smile and give her shoulder a pat. Then, I brush past her and exit the bathroom. 

Great, so now Lavender of all people know I have blonde hair.. I put on my dress robes and head out of my dorm. "Good mornin' Ellie bear," a bright voice greets me. I reach the bottom of the stairs. "Freddie, Georgie! It's a good morning now," I say, as George pulls me in for a side hug. "Why?" Ron asks dumbfoundedly. "Because she saw us," Fred tells him, smirking. Ron raises his eyebrow. "Don't you have a boyfriend?" George smirks, giving me a nudge. "I think someone is jealous." Ron's cheeks turn red. "I'm not!" Ron protests. I laugh. "Anyways, Ellie, Leo is outside waiting for you," Ron says, glaring at his brothers. 

"Leo?" I ask. Oh this kid. He's really trying to stick by me wherever I go. I excuse myself and head out of the Gryffindor common room. Leo stands there waiting with Theodore. He greets me with a big smile. "Lionel, didn't I tell you that you didn't have to watch me?" He nods. "Father told me not to listen to you though," he says, shrugging. I roll my eyes, crossing my arms. "And you. I thought you had more dignity than this," I tease. Theodore sighs, shrugging. "I thought I did too, but apparently we both were wrong.. Love, man. It makes you do things you normally wouldn't." He glances over at Leo who turns red. I laugh. "You two are too much. You know that right?" I throw my arm around Leo's shoulder. "Alright, so what are we doing today?" 

"Actually, I wanted to inform you about something. That's another reason why I'm here," Theodore tells me. I raise my eyebrow, looking over at  Leo. He doesn't know what he's talking about. "What is it?' I ask. "I think father has stopped with the potion," Theodore says. "Oh that's great!" Leo exclaims. "Finally, he can get off your back." I look at Theodore. "I don't think he's given up. I just think he's stopping right now to work on something else," Theodore says. "And what's he doing instead?" I ask. Theodore shrugs. "My house-elf told me that my father has been receiving letters from someone she hasn't met or heard of before. She also said he has not shared those letters with Malfoy or any of the others." "Really? So this is something he's handling on his on," I conclude. 

Theodore nods. "Who are the letters from?" Leo asks. "I'm guessing it's like a codename, so I don't really know his actual name. But he's been signing the letters as Wormtail." Our eyes go wide. "Wormtail?!" Leo and I ask in unison. Theodore stares at us, taken aback. "You know Wormtail?.. Of course you know Wormtail," Theodore says. "His name is Peter Pettigrew," I tell him. "Peter Pettigrew? Isn't that the guy who Sirius Black killed, or supposedly killed?" Theodore asks. "Yes, there's a lot about Peter you don't know. I'm sure Leo will fill you in later, but tell me, did your house-elf get to see what was written on the letter?" I ask eagerly. Theodore shakes his head. "She only saw the most recent letter, which said 'it's almost time.'" "Almost time? Time for what?" Leo asks, worried. Theodore shrugs. 

My heart stops as I remember the vision. Peter is there the night Voldemort comes back.. Does this mean Nott is apart of it too? I mean he is a Death Eater.. but why didn't he inform the others, then? "What is it?" Leo asks me. "Hmm?" "You have that look. The look where you connected dots and came to a realization," Leo tells me. "Uh, I.. it's only a hunch, but what if Nott is helping Wormtail bring back Voldemort?" Leo drops his mouth. He turns to Theodore. "Would he do that?" Theodore sighs. "Honestly, I'm not surprised if he is apart of that," Theodore admits. Leo rubs his forehead. "We have to tell Dumbledore, we have to warn them," Leo says, panicking.