XV. Dress to Impress

I sigh, looking down at the potion. Still not blue yet. I close the cauldron. I have been checking on the potion for a week now and still nothing. I walk out of Moaning Myrtle's bathroom and head down to the Great Hall. Since the term is ending in a few weeks, teachers had slowly stopped teaching. I walk into the Great Hall. Students filled in the tables pretending to study. I walk down the hall and finally stop after spotting the trio. I sit across from them, setting down my bag. "Oy, where have you been?" Ron asks, curiously. "Don't worry about it, Ronald," I say with a smirk. Ron rolls his eyes. "Cruel," he mutters. I laugh, pulling out my notebook.

"So, you lots got dates for the ball?" Fred asks Ron and Harry as he scoots over to me. Ron sighs, shaking his head no. "You better hurry mate, or else all the good ones will be gone," Fred adds. Ron looks around the Great Hall. "At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our years without a date," Ron cries to Harry. Uncle Severus walks over to Ron. "Focus Weasley," he mutters, turning Ron's head to face his notebook. "Ow!" I hold back a laugh. Uncle Severus continues to read his book as he watches the students to see if they're studying. "Well, us and Neville," Ron says to Harry. "Yeah, but then again Neville can take himself," Harry jokes. The two boys laugh. "Really?" I say, giving them a disapprovingly look.

"It might interest you to know that Neville has already gotten a date," Hermione chimes in. "It's Ginny." "Really? Now I'm really depressed," Ron says, disappointed. Fred snickers next to me. Ron shoots him a look. "Oy. Who are you going with?" "Angelina," Fred says proudly. I turn to him, tilting my head. "You haven't asked her yet," I remind him, reading his mind. "You're absolutely right!" He quickly rips out a paper and crumbles it out. He turns to Angelina who's further down the table. Making sure Uncle Severus isn't looking, Fred throws the paper ball at Angelina to get her attention. She stares at him, confused. "Do you want to go to the ball with me?" He whispers, mimicking the words as he says them.

She blushes and nods. Fred grins proudly at Ron and gives him a wink. He then turns to George and they continue their work. Ron doesn't say anything. "We should get a move on it," Harry tells Ron. He nods. "We don't want to end up with a pair of trolls," Ron adds. "A pair of what?" Hermione and I ask in unison. Ron begins to speak, but Harry gives him a nudge. Smart move, Harry. Ron gives an apologetic look and looks down to his notebook. Then, he glances over to Hermione as an idea runs through his mind. Oh, Ron, no. "Ron," I begin trying to stop him, but he doesn't hear me. "Hermione, you're a girl," he says. I stare at him. He can't be serious. Hermione burrows her eyebrows. "Very well spotted," she says annoyed.

"Well I was wondering," Ron starts. He lifts up his hand to mimic his brother's motions. I see Uncle Severus glaring at Ron as he walks over. Harry notices too. "Would you like to go to the ball with one of us?" Ron asks, as Harry tries to warn him about Uncle Severus. I look down at my textbook. I hear Uncle Severus smacks Ron's head with a book and then Harry's. "Ow," the boys groan. I look back up at the boys and Hermione. Ron rubs his head. "Oh come on. It's one thing for a lad to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad," Ron says, shrugging turning to Hermione. Hermione huffs. "I won't be going alone because believe it or not, someone has already asked me!" She closes her textbook, picking up her belongings. "And I said yes!" With that, Hermione leaves the Great Hall.

"She's lying," Ron says to Harry. He turns to me. "She's lying, right?" I huff in disbelief. "She's not lying and no, I'm not going to tell you who she's going with because you don't deserve to know," I tell him. Ron slumps his shoulders. "'You're a girl'," I say, repeating his words in disbelief. "Seriously Ron, that was not cool." "Ellie, why don't you come with one of us?" Harry asks, trying to calm me down. I look down at my textbook, as Uncle Severus walks past us. Once he's gone, I look up at the boys. "I'm already going with Draco," I whisper to them, not wanting Uncle Severus to hear. "Oh come on Ellie, leave that git. Just come with one of us to the ball," Ron pleads. I smirk, shaking my head. "I love you both, but no," I say firmly.