Chapter 1: Right Back Where We Started

Warnings: mentions of guns and dying/death

Word Count: 2182

     On April the 1st, 2019, the earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Billions of people were wiped out in a matter of minutes. Ironically, the seven survivors of the apocalypse were the very siblings who brought it on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     (Y/N) couldn't tell how long she'd been floating around, but to her it felt like seconds. Seconds before she felt the grips on her hands disappear. She felt the force that teleported her drop her from its grasp, sending her falling from the sky. Her back crashed against some sort of surface she didn't have time to detect, for she bounced off of it and landed on the ground. Groaning in pain, she lifted herself to her feet and glanced up at the sky.

     "Five! Allison!" She called out before the portal above her closed. From her peripheral, she saw some sort of flash, but she was focused on not spiraling into a panic attack. Turning all around, she noticed she was in a dark alleyway, and what she bounced off of was a dumpster. She gingerly rubbed her lower back before turning to the opening, her face dropping at the sight before her.

     When the hell am I?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Two years later, in the exact same spot, Five's multicolored bowling shoes landed in a puddle, the rest of the boy's body following not too long after. He caught himself with his arms before his face could meet the concrete. Stumbling to his feet, he looked to the sky to find the portal shrinking. "(Y/N)! Luther!" He called out before it disappeared all together. The sounds of gunshots and yelling are what brought his attention to the scene behind him. He turned to see the destroyed city of Dallas, Texas, littered with Russian soldiers who ran with machine guns and Soviet flags. A tank rolled down the street, surrounded by said soldiers. On the other side were the American fighters, trying their damndest to fight back, but they were dropping like flies. Like a lost puppy, Five walked the street until he ducked down to read a newspaper crushed under a rock.

     "'Soviets Attack US'? No, no, this can't be right..." He whispered and stood back up to his feet, rushing around much like he did his first time around in an apocalypse. He stopped beside the tank and watched as the American soldiers held the injured civilians, injured comrades, or ran into the fight with guns clutched in their hands. Five heard one of them call for him to get down, but he didn't bother complying. "What the hell did we do now...?" He whispered, but the next second, he was thrown back when the tank fired straight ahead.

     Vanya, levitating above ground and quite literally glowing with a white light, stretched her arms forward and exploded the very ammunition soaring straight towards her. On the ground beside her, a group of Russian soldiers headed towards Klaus, who now adorned a longer hairstyle. Before they could reach him, though, he called upon the casualties of the war, soldiers and civilians, to appear in their blue hue and attack on his behalf. Once they were down, he nodded to himself in what seemed to be relief. Five was going to call out to him when he saw two soldiers aim their guns toward him, but a shirtless Luther jumped from the roof of a building and landed in the line of fire, allowing the explosion to meet his back. The two brothers nodded to each other, too distracted to see three more soldiers aim towards them. Fortunately, these men were picked up and killed by the very monster living within Ben, who stood on the roof of another building, glowing blue as he had been at the concert. One of the soldiers landed on the street with a thud, right before three of his comrades. Behind them, Allison shouted out.