Chapter 20: Very Familiar

A/N: And finally, Chapter 20. Thank you to all of you beautiful people who have given me and this story your love and support. You have no idea how much it means to me. Starting this series broke an 8-month hiatus and pulled me out of some dark times in my life. It still is. I have so much of an emotional attachment to this series, it is my BABY and means so much to me. I'm v grateful to all the comments and votes. I didn't think anyone would even take time to read this shit. BOY was I wrong! Please know that this story and the author love you guys as much as you love it and I can't wait to see you in the third installment "To Nightfall" (written whenever tf the third season comes out). Thank you once again, much love, and happy reading, beloveds

Warnings: guns, violence, death/dying, mentions of blood

Word Count: 5074

The fight between Five and Lila had gone on for quite some time now, yet the two couldn't seem to shake each other. It was as if she could predict his every attack, like she knew where he would blink next. And it was starting to get to him. To add to it, Five had no idea where (Y/N) was or if she was holding up with Lila's clone. She had to, though. It was just a clone, and (Y/N) has fought and defeated bigger and stronger.

    Yeah, she's fine, Five thought.

Blinking into the barn, Five was met with nothing but a hay-covered floor before him. That was, until Lila blinked in front of him, frying pan at the ready. When she reared the object back, he immediately blinked away. Grunting, Lila faltered and blinked elsewhere. Spinning around, she chucked the pan forward, Five blinking in its direction, crying out when the pan smacked against his head. Lila grinned as he fell to the floor with a thud, striding over to him and planting her foot on his throat, just as he had done to her.

"Doesn't feel so good, does it?" She cocked her head as Five clutched her foot in his hands, gasping under the pressure. His green orbs widened as she pressed her foot further into his throat to constrict his airway even more.

"Eat shit and die." He rasped out, prying her foot off of him. Lila tried to fight back, pressing down against his hands, but her strength matched his, and eventually, his overpowered hers. She cried out as she felt her foot begin to wobble against the force Five was pushing with until he flung her off of him. The boy scrambled to his feet and got into a fighting stance as Lila slowly rose. "Come on. What are you waiting for? Let's finish this."

"No," Lila whispered, sniffling. "This isn't gonna be quick. You are going to suffer for what you did."

Scoffing, Five dropped his arms. "Lady, I got no idea what you're talkin' about."

"Ronnie and Anita Gill."

"Mean nothing to me." He squinted.

"1993, East London. You hog-tied them and you shot them in the head."

A memory of a couple flashed through his mind. A couple laying on a wooden floor on their stomachs, hands tied behind their backs, screaming and sobbing for Five's mercy. He had just killed the woman when the man began scooting away. He didn't get very far, for Five shot him dead not a second later.

"The flower merchants," He stumbled back with wide eyes. "They were your parents?"

"And they never did anything to anyone," Lila shook her head with teary eyes. "They didn't deserve to die like that."

"You're right, alright?" Five took a step back. "I killed them. But I killed a lot of people over the years. It was all a job, alright? That was never personal."

Lila let out a laugh as she inched closer. "'Never personal', my ass. Yeah, I've killed. It's always, always personal. And you know why killing (Y/N) is personal?"