Chapter 15: The Seven Stages

Warnings: none that I'm aware of

Word Count: 4059

Huffing out a sigh, (Y/N) watched Five pace up and down the alleyway, clenching and unclenching his fists, running them through his hair, pulling at his hair. A part of her wanted to join his side and hold his hands in hers, calm his rage. But another part of her knew she'd only fuel his rage even more, possibly triggering something in him to scream at her. So, she knelt beside Klaus and felt his head. The last time she saw her brother, he had been just like this.

"Now what?" Luther sighed.

"Now nothing, Luther! Make your peace with god!" Five shouted.

"What? What about Allison and Vanya?"

"Screw them both, alright?! They should've been here!"

(Y/N) helped her brother to sit up from the concrete and rubbed his back as he groaned. "What about Diego? He's quite a responsible young man, no?"

Five didn't answer him, only ran straight for a cardboard box, grunting as he kicked it with all his might. (Y/N) sighed and slumped her shoulders. "Wasn't everyone on board with going home? I mean, something must've happened to them."

"Screw Diego, alright? Screw everybody! I was better off on my own in the apocalypse!"

His words sent a chill down (Y/N)'s spine, causing her to stiffen, shoulders hunching slightly. Her eyes slid up to his, hurt and distant now. "You don't mean that."

"Yes, I do."

"Five!" Luther interjected, blinking his eyes as his gaze shifted back and forth between the two lovers. "Come on."

Swiftly turning to face his brother, Five brushed past (Y/N) and marched right up to him. "You know what, Luther? It's every sibling for himself now. How 'bout that?" He huffed and continued his way to the door that led to Elliott's home. The door slammed shut behind him, Luther sighing in defeat and watching his sister slowly rise to her feet. He took in the way her hands clenched into fists and she constantly cleared her throat.

"(Y/N), do you wanna-"

"I'm on it." She whispered and dashed through the door after Five. The quick pace the boy set on his way up the stairs had her huffing and puffing as she tried to catch up with him. "Five! Five, come on, we need to- Shit!" In her haste, (Y/N) tripped over her own foot, sending her down and smacking her knee on the edge of the next step. A horrible, sharp pain coursed through her knee cap as she cried out in pain. Halting his steps, Five spun around and jogged down a couple steps.

"Starlight?"

"I'm fine." She sighed and stood to her feet, grabbing onto the railing as her right leg wobbled and nearly gave out again. Five sighed in irritation when Luther's thundering steps echoed their way, the boy turning around and continuing his way to Elliott's home as his brother stopped beside (Y/N).

"Hey, you okay?" He whispered and gently placed his hand on the small of her back. She nodded and tried to make her way up the step, but Luther picked her up with one arm and marched on behind Five. "Hey! Five, doomsday is still coming. We gotta think of a new plan."

"Don't you get it Luther?" The boy glanced over his shoulder to properly yell at his brother, his heart constricting at the sight of (Y/N) slightly wincing in his hold. "It's over, alright? We're already dead!"

"Then, where are you going?"

"I'm going to do the unthinkable!"

Both Luther and (Y/N) frowned at each other and spoke in unison. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"